Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2017 1:46:21 PM EDT
Use coupon "20PERCENT" to get an extra discount on top of the sale.

http://www.rangetool.com/store/index.php/80-lower/ar15-lower-80percent.html

Free Shipping as well.

I am not affiliated with them. Just passing on a great deal that I also purchased!
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:34:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for breaking my "I'm done buying AR parts for a while- focusing on ammo and shooting practice" idea

Thanks a lot 
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up.  Totally giving this a try to see how compatible my jig is with different brands.   Great deal and they look very nice.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the heads up.  Totally giving this a try to see how compatible my jig is with different brands.   Great deal and they look very nice.
View Quote
Unless they seriously fucked up the forgings, they're all the same.  I've purchased close to 50 80% lowers of various types from various vendors.  Bottom line is that forged lowers are all, essentially, the same.  The only variations you find are "enhanced" trigger guards and on one company that no longer exists ambi controls.  The billet ones is where things can get weird.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Then they want more money for engraving I don't want, including caliber and serial number????  No thanks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:00:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Then they want more money for engraving I don't want, including caliber and serial number????  No thanks.
View Quote
WTF are you talking about?  You clearly didn't follow the url in the OP.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:32:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Lists for $45, after discount is $36, ships free (to me at least).  I may pull the trigger.  I've built three rifles in the past week out of spare parts and EE scores.  If anything, maybe swap out a couple numbered lowers.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
The 80% ones have no markings at all.

The Serialized FFL lowers can have a custom serial number or caliber if you want it. If not then they come with the regular roll marks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:55:42 AM EDT
[#10]
The link is much appreciated OP.  At the cost, I had to get a couple.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Unless they seriously fucked up the forgings, they're all the same.  I've purchased close to 50 80% lowers of various types from various vendors.  Bottom line is that forged lowers are all, essentially, the same.  The only variations you find are "enhanced" trigger guards and on one company that no longer exists ambi controls.  The billet ones is where things can get weird.  
View Quote
That's my dilemma.  My jig is for a billet brand.  But worst case scenario I waste $36 to try it out or notice it doesn't line up.  I'm guessing it will still work since all the functional spots should be universal.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's my dilemma.  My jig is for a billet brand.  But worst case scenario I waste $36 to try it out or notice it doesn't line up.  I'm guessing it will still work since all the functional spots should be universal.
View Quote
What jig?  NFA?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#13]
They also sell jigs that fit forged lowers. I bought mine for $45 before the sale.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I got one of these also for $36 plus tax. Now to do all the research into the best way to get her finished.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#15]
5D jig
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Modulus or 5D.

I have the Modulus, but it seems as if a lot are happy with the 5D as well
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top