Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2017 12:56:18 PM EDT
I figured it out....Attachment Attached File

Dedicated my very first 80% build to my wife's "anything purple is wonderful" philosophy. It was a surprise gift and she loves it to say the least. I think she's gonna become an AR enthusiast and end up being my shooting partner before all is said and done!

Thanks to Daytona Tactical for the purple AR kit and 5DT for the superb 80% jig that made the milling steps a breeze.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I figured it out....https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/440344/IMG-6583-204905.JPG

Dedicated my very first 80% build to my wife's "anything purple is wonderful" philosophy. It was a surprise gift and she loves it to say the least. I think she's gonna become an AR enthusiast and end up being my shooting partner before all is said and done!

Thanks to Daytona Tactical for the purple AR kit and 5DT for the superb 80% jig that made the milling steps a breeze.
View Quote

My mother has no say in my hobbies. In my case my wife knew that I had a serous thing for the shooting hobbies before we were married. She's never said a word.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Huh, looks like a pretty reasonable rifle that just so happens to be partially pink. I hope she likes it!
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Huh, looks like a pretty reasonable rifle that just so happens to be partially pink. I hope she likes it!
View Quote
Is it the lighting / camera or is it more pink than purple?  I only ask because I "need" purple.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I tried that one, she did not care and does not care if I build guns

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

That was before the lower was done, but the upper and lower are the same color now.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is it the lighting / camera or is it more pink than purple?  I only ask because I "need" purple.
View Quote
It's actually more of a light purple not a royal purple. Not pink. Bad lighting is the primary culprit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Better indicator of the actual color:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Thsts perfect.  I have a 10 y/o wanting one for a fund raiser.  Keep putting it off until I see one of these.  Dave's was the last one thst caught my eye.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine loves hers...
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:20:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Excellently done!
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:28:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Desptie growing up around guns, my wife has never been much of a shooter but I've gotten her pretty interested in shooting my .22 now. Probably going to buy her a Mossberg 715 (I know...) or a Smith M&P 15-22 if we can come up with a few more dollars pretty soon.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:49:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Girlfriend doesn't love pink but I think i've got her hooked into shooting after she watched my build come together. Gotta build her something soon
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Girlfriend doesn't love pink but I think i've got her hooked into shooting after she watched my build come together. Gotta build her something soon
View Quote
Maybe something like this (not mine) is more her style:
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I plan on getting my wife some firearms cerakoted in Tiffany's blue
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:03:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I tried that one, she did not care and does not care if I build guns.
View Quote
My wife went the other direction. First I got her a pink Sig mosquito and a lw pink AR... Now all she wants is bad ass guns. Got her an mp5 for her bday, she couldn't have been happier. Wives that shoot rock.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I tried, she figured it out and shot me down as I was fishing for colors.  AR's are too ugly.

Already had the upper and lower recievers, so I got "stuck" with them.  Of course now I am catching flak for building another rifle...
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My mother has no say in my hobbies. In my case my wife knew that I had a serous thing for the shooting hobbies before we were married. She's never said a word.
View Quote
Nice.  Made me chuckle.  

Lesson 101.  Marry the right woman.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top