Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/26/2017 7:50:24 PM EDT
Question is anyone ever order from Noveske threw dealer and how was your wait times ? I bought a n4 lower from a local gun shop website, it said in stock but wasn't. So I got a email they ordered it and will let me know when it arrives. I then ordered from a major supplier website a matching stripped upper Noveske, it said it was in stock. Got the same type of response , will notify me when ships not in stock. Man the luck of updated websites or honest ones. Slowing my build down and don't have a idea of how slow it may be. Any similar experiences?
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Question is anyone ever order from Noveske threw dealer and how was your wait times ? I bought a n4 lower from a local gun shop website, it said in stock but wasn't. So I got a email they ordered it and will let me know when it arrives. I then ordered from a major supplier website a matching stripped upper Noveske, it said it was in stock. Got the same type of response , will notify me when ships not in stock. Man the luck of updated websites or honest ones. Slowing my build down and don't have a idea of how slow it may be. Any similar experiences?
View Quote
texas: I feel your pain.  So many people are jumping on the bandwagon to supply AR rifles and parts, its clear not all of them are up to the task.  

I suggest you cancel your orders and start over again, if possible.  Parts are generally plentiful these days.  Find a more capable LGS and order your lower receiver online from a reliable source like BCM or Aero Preceision and have it shipped to your LGS for transfer.  If the upper receiver needs to be Noveske, order it direct from them.  To keep the lead times under your control, you need to manage the supply chain and not let yourself be at the mercy of LGS clerks. good luck - CW
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:54:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure if you are wanting Gen 1 or Gen 3, but I have always had really good luck getting Noveske receivers from Rainier and DSG.  I usually buy them separately and not as a matched set though. 
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#3]
You need to order from site sponsors or other reputable companies. If I order from a company like Rainier, Right to Bear, Primary Arms, etc., I trust their inventory and have never had a problem. And that's after placing literally hundreds of orders through these dealers. That's no joke, either. If they let me put it in my cart, I've always received it. Maybe I'm lucky, but I believe the guys that keep live inventories on their sites are usually very accurate. Some are so accurate that their site IS their method of keeping inventory.

Here's an inside tip. If you're placing orders on "local gun shop websites", you're bound to deal with a large wait or just other problems in general. Most of them don't have the inventory on hand, they simply have the item drop shipped to you via their distributor or even worse, they order it and once they receive it, then it goes out to you. As an employee of a local custom gunsmithing and sales shop, I appreciate you're effort in supporting small local businesses, but if you wanna buy from them the best practice is to GO THERE and talk to them. Tell them what you're looking for and see if they have it or if it's available to them. If it is, ask them to be very clear on the wait time to receive your item(s), especially if they expect you to pay up front or provide a deposit on said parts.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top