Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/24/2017 6:08:08 PM EDT
I have two rifles with the Seekins NOXS 15" handguards.  I really like the slim feel of the handguards, but the small internal size also limits which gas blocks will fit.  I can't afford to buy and try them all, which is where you all come in.

I am currently running Seekins adjustable gas blocks in both, but they are both wide open.  So I would like to know if a Geissele Super Gas Block fits under the Seekins handguard?  I am also looking at the SLR Rifleworks Sentry 7 (set screw version).  Does anyone know if that will fit?

If you know of others that will fit, please share that info here as well.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:16:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, most low profile gas blocks should fit. I've built 5 rifles with a NOXs rail and I used a few Aero Precision blocks, a DSG block and a ballistic advantage pinned block. They were all set screw versions.

Out of curiosity, if you already have an adjustable? gas block on it why are you thinking to replace it with the SLR sentry?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:55:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly, most low profile gas blocks should fit. I've built 5 rifles with a NOXs rail and I used a few Aero Precision blocks, a DSG block and a ballistic advantage pinned block. They were all set screw versions.

Out of curiosity, if you already have an adjustable? gas block on it why are you thinking to replace it with the SLR sentry?
View Quote
The SLR seems like a better design.  On my main 3-gun rifle, I am running an intermediate gas system, intermediate length buffer tube (VLTOR), lightweight BCG, and lightweight buffer.  I have to adjust the Seekins block farther out than I am comfortable with to get the rifle to function with 69 grain match ammo.  The set screw is so far out that I am afraid it might just blow out sideways.  There can't be more than a couple of threads of engagement.  I have to screw it back in to remove the handguard.

With the SLR, I could open it up without interfering with the handguard but still retain adjustability.

I may have to open up the SLR all the way too, so a fixed block might be the way to go.  Having adjustability will at least give me the option to tinker with it.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The Faxon lightweight gas block fits too.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top