Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/21/2017 7:30:56 PM EDT
What is the opinion of the maxim cqb stock? I think this is a pretty good deal but have never really played with this one before. It will be going on a 7.5 sbr so I like the idea of the size and no dedicated carrier.

What do y'all think? If posting the full page isn't allowed I can edit just let me know

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:29:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

I have one on my 7.5", I'm a fan. I wasn't originally sure I would like it, I was just looking for the shortest package that used my bolt carrier.  It has quickly become one of my favorite guns to shoot.  You can preset the length with a set screw so it opens to the same LOP every time, and with practice, you can do it with one hand.  I have the heavy JP setup and it is great suppressed and unsuppressed, though I'm thinking either a little more weight or a slightly stiffer spring might make it even better suppressed as I don't have an adjustable gas block.  The only negative I can think of is the whole "metal against the face" complaint.  I'm likely going to put the same stock on my 10.5" as well
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#2]
that is exactly the information I was looking for.... thanks!!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there any wobble/play when it is extended?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#4]
So it uses existing BCG's, don't need a special one?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#5]
How tough are they to install? 

Can't imagine it's too difficult.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Nope, no wobble that I can recall.
I'm using an AIM nitride bcg, nothing special needed as long as the JP spring can travel into the carrier.
Pretty easy to install, but I have the set screw that keeps the safety spring in place. Otherwise it might be a challenge.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top