Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/21/2017 10:21:51 AM EDT
So, I am on the fence between the WMD BCG and the Fail zero BCG. Which one do you guys think is "better," they look the same on paper.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Same boat here, ever look at sons of liberty gun works? Solgw.com if I felt like spending $320 I'd go for the enhanced lmt bolt in standard auto carrier.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I dunno. 

I buy spikes, Delton,  psa and never had one break. 10000 rounds on the spikes.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I like nickel boron BCG's.
But I am really impressed with the TR enabling Obsidian BCG.
After 600 rounds, 300 suppressed there was no ware on the cam pin or bolt.
just my 2 cents.
RTB has nice affordable nibx BCG's also
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#4]
The only NiB bolt carrier group I've had was a Lantac E-BCG. Itbwas very smooth in the upper. Felt like my phosphate carriers with high round counts. The carrier was no easier to clean then a phosphate, but the bolt tail cleaned up marginally easier. I use a cat m4 type tool, so bolt cleanup isn't really a concern.  I've decided to stick with the phosphate bcg's.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a Toolcraft NIB.

My Failzero is pretty stained but works well still.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I can get both for 129.99 - was looking to spend around there. All great ideas! Any reason the Fail Zero is getting more votes? I read good information about both.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I like nickel boron BCGs. because of the high lubricity of the plating.  Only a few companies have deep skill and experience in the process.  WMD Guns and Fail Zero are both subsidiaries of industrial plating companies with those capabilities and high standards.  Most others are wanna be copy cats.

You really can't go wrong with either, but can go wrong with others.

I chose WMD and have been very happy with the choice.  I probably would have been just as pleased with FZ.

I didn't vote.  It's a toss up.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I cant vote
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Fail Zero and a PSA NIB. Comparing them both I like the Fail Zero much more. I have around 1500 rounds through it and the Billet upper it's in and it is amazingly smooth. The PSA NIB BCG is in a fordged upper. Upper only has 200 rounds through it total but the BCG has around 500 as I moved it from another build. The feel of this is nice but no where close to the Fail Zero. Both have been extremely reliable and the only mod to them is the BCM extractor spring upgrade as I use them in all my builds.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I have mostly bcm's, but my latest is a tool craft with the mystic black nitrate finish. It's been great.

$110 plus shipping.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Flip a coin.

Never understood asking strangers on the internet to make up my mind
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have mostly bcm's, but my latest is a tool craft with the mystic black nitrate finish. It's been great.

$110 plus shipping.
View Quote
I have a TC nitride bolt in my 7" 5.56 along with a few other TC carrier groups. They make good stuff.

If you paid $110 I know a site that has them for $73 all the time
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#13]
All very helpful, I look at the specs and they both compare well. I thought about going with WMD because I hear that the are a company started in in part by employees from Fail Zero - I like upstarts like that and they usually pay close attention to details. hmm
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:34:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Flip a coin.

Never understood asking strangers on the internet to make up my mind
View Quote
I ask you guys because many of you have much more experience and/or own the products and can give me solid reviews.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow! What about this one: Sharps XPB Carrier Group Complete Looks very nice - thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wow! What about this one: Sharps XPB Carrier Group Complete Looks very nice - thoughts?
View Quote
Stick with WMD Guns (K C Jones Plating) or Fail Zero ( UTC Costings).  They know what they are doing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Just bought for 179 with coupon code Sharps XPB Bolt Carrier Group 5.56 w/ DLC  from https://sunnystateoutdoors.com. Free shipping to boot! I also bought a wmd for my other rifle. Been reading and watching good reviews on the Sharps XPB Bolt Carrier Group 5.56 w/ DLC. Excited!
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#18]
I picked up a WMD carrier, it looks and feels nice.  Gun isn't together yet to try it.

There isn't a ton of selection out there for stripped carriers so I was happy when I found the WMD one at Primary.  It was literally between this one and a phosphate Anderson... for $20 more what the heck.  I picked up the firing pin and cam pin to go with it.  I was getting the bolt from a group buy deal.

In my poking around it looked like WMD and Fail Zero were the two NiB BCG's to get.  Since only one offered a stripped carrier assembly it was easy to pick between them for me.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top