Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2017 4:42:11 PM EDT
Looking at Faxon barrels for pistol build. What is better 4150 QPQ, 416-r stainless, or 4150 5R chrome lined?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Any of those barrels will be good.  Faxon makes awesome stuff.  Which one is better would depend on your intended use, but I think you would be hard pressed to notice any practical difference between them.

My preference lately is 4150 with QPQ.  It has the advantages of chrome lining, plus very good corrosion resistance, and the heat resistance and toughness of 4150 chromoly steel.  The 5r Chrome Lined is also interesting.  I've never been a stainless steel guy.  But again, it is largely going to be personal preference.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for reply. The QPQ is $149 while the chromed lined is $199 offered exclusively through rainier arms. (10.5" inch)

The QPQ is also 1:8 twist while chrome lined is 1:7
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:08:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you! I ordered the QPQ barrel after reading a little more about it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top