Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2017 11:33:20 PM EDT
Haven't made my way to this side of the forum in some time, but I have been building some AR15s and thought I'd share!

AR15A2

Barrel-  Bravo Company 20 inch w/ 1:7 twist.
Non F marked Front Sight
BCG-  Bravo Company
Charging Handle- Fulton Armory
Upper and Lower parts kits: Fulton Armory
FCG- Fulton Armory
Upper and lower receivers:  Fulton Armory
A2 Stock, buffer tube, rifle buffer and spring- Fulton Armory.
The rest of the parts either came from BCM or Fulton, but I just can't remember which of the two I bought them from.

I've always wanted an A2 rifle that was as close as possible to one that would have been issued to the military, but all of the ones on the commercial market seem to only have a 1:9 twist.  Also, I couldn't just buy an A2 upper receiver and a 1:7 barrel with a front sight assembly already installed because it would most certainly be an F marked sight, so I had to break out the drill press for this build.

Barrel- Bravo Company 16 inch with midlength gas 1:7 twist.
F marked Front Sight
BCG- Bravo Company
Charging Handle- BCM Gunfighter
Upper receiver- DSA
Carry Handle- Fulton Armory
Upper parts kit- Fulton Armory
Lower receiver- Brownells M16A1
Lower parts kit- CMMG
FCG- Geissele SSA-E
A1 stock, rifle buffer, and buffer spring- Fulton Armory
Buffer Tube- Bravo Company

I built the lower in anticipation of building a Mk12, but I still haven't got to that and wanted to put something else together in the mean time with spare parts from other rifles I've been upgrading.

Edit: Apparently tinypic shit the bed

If you have any questions, let me know and I'll do my best to answer them
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice builds man.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the fixed stock on the mid-length and ran one that way for a while before getting a 20" upper for it.  Really handy carbine that shoots really softly.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:49:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Haven't made my way to this side of the forum in some time, but I have been building some AR15s and thought I'd share!

AR15A2

Non F marked Front Sight
BCG-  Bravo Company
FCG- Fulton Armory
The rest of the parts either came from BCM or Fulton, but I just can't remember which of the two I bought them from.

I've always wanted an A2 rifle that was as close as possible to one that would have been issued to the military, but all of the ones on the commercial market seem to only have a 1:9 twist.  Also, I couldn't just buy an A2 upper receiver and a 1:7 barrel with a front sight assembly already installed because it would most certainly be an F marked sight, so I had to break out the drill press for this build.

http://i63.tinypic.com/29qi49u.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/inahxz.jpg

F marked Front Sight
BCG- Bravo Company
Upper receiver- DSA
Lower parts kit- CMMG
FCG- Geissele SSA-E
http://i66.tinypic.com/10shxjk.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/2eur6no.jpg

I built the lower in anticipation of building a Mk12, but I still haven't got to that and wanted to put something else together in the mean time with spare parts from other rifles I've been upgrading.

Here's a picture of the midlength 16 inch rifle with bayonet sitting next to the A2.  Should be a handle little rifle!  
http://i67.tinypic.com/2wmmj5t.jpg

View Quote

I'm working on a similar build after seeing another post about this size rifle. I am toying with using the Rock River "Entry Stock" with the 16" mid length gas, non 203 cut profile barrel, mated to an A2 upper with F marked FSB. i think it will be a terrific little carbine when finished. Will post up when done.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:33:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:59:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Where did you get those midlength handguards? I like the fat middy handguards but can never find them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where did you get those midlength handguards? I like the fat middy handguards but can never find them.
View Quote

I bought it from Brownells, although it was on backorder for a few months.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone else selling them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm working on a similar build after seeing another post about this size rifle. I am toying with using the Rock River "Entry Stock" with the 16" mid length gas, non 203 cut profile barrel, mated to an A2 upper with F marked FSB. i think it will be a terrific little carbine when finished. Will post up when done.
View Quote
I think that the RRA Entry Stock would look pretty cool on a 16 inch middy.  You definitely have to post some pics of that when you build it.  Do you think there will be any issues sighting it in with an A2 receiver and F marked FSP?  I haven't done a lot of research on that, but they are slightly different in height.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I like them! Great job.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think that the RRA Entry Stock would look pretty cool on a 16 inch middy.  You definitely have to post some pics of that when you build it.  Do you think there will be any issues sighting it in with an A2 receiver and F marked FSP?  I haven't done a lot of research on that, but they are slightly different in height.
View Quote
I mispoke in re the front F marked sight. Whatever the correct fsb is, it will get used. I am using an Aero Precision Texas Special lower, the Rock River A2 upper. I'll have to look at my receipts to get the barrel maker, but it is a 16 medium profile without the cut. Should have all the rest of the parts in shortly. Pics to follow.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:28:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Big fan of the classic fixed stock - when it suits your purpose. Personally, I'd rather use one of them than a wiz-bang "precision" buttstock that costs 5-6 times as much and is more likely to have an adjustable piece move on you.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice exploded views before assembly.  How did the FSB attach?  Did you drill for taper pins yourself??
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

AR15A2

Non F marked Front Sight
BCG-  Bravo Company
FCG- Fulton Armory

http://i63.tinypic.com/29qi49u.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/inahxz.jpg

F marked Front Sight
BCG- Bravo Company
Upper receiver- DSA
Lower parts kit- CMMG
FCG- Geissele SSA-E
http://i66.tinypic.com/10shxjk.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/2eur6no.jpg

Edit: Apparently tinypic shit the bed

View Quote

very nice, I used a fulton armory A2 upper -windham weaponry barrel kit and a range tool lower for my A2 rep
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nice! I like the A1 Stock on there!

I bought a set of those fat handguards for my mid-lenght... I didn't like the way it looked with the M4 stock, so I put skinny ones on it. But, with that stock, it looks pretty good!
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice, as God intended them to be.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top