Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/25/2017 9:52:42 PM EDT
I am trying to determine the best source of the better/best quality parts for an AR15 Lower mainly. We spend many bucks on a good bolt carrier and bolt, and trigger.
Now who sells the better parts for the lower and upper. I like WOA and Fulton, but there may be other sources. Who are they and why?
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used Anderson, PSA and some no name LPK's and they're all ok parts, actually PSA's are the worst I've used.

I've also got a Ruger SR and all it's lower parts are way nicer than anything else I've seen.

my brother uses strictly Rock River LPK's and they're definately nicer than Anderson, PSA and the generics I've used

they all function
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Really?

I have had good and bad from the majority of the companies that supply parts in this industry!

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:07:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used a fe we cmmg lpk's, a apoc armory lpk, anderson lpk. They are all good. Then I just ended up buying parts individually.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:03:46 AM EDT
[#4]
KAK, you can buy kits or just parts and they are GTG
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:52:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I am also thinking about this for a new lower i picked up. I am looking at an anderson vitals only lpk and wondered if the pins springs and detents arent pretty much about the same. I have used a cmmg gun builders kit and the wife used an anderson vitals in her build and i really couldnt tell any difference.i can pick up the anderson locally for $29.95.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:34:02 AM EDT
[#6]
http://palmettostatearmory.com/palmetto-state-armory-moe-qms-lpk.html
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#7]
If you want an LPK consisting of the "best of the best" parts you really have to choose each part individually.

Geissele triggers.

Battle Arms development safety selectors and take down/pivot pins.

Forward Controls Design bolt catch.

Norgon ambidextrous mag catch.

Rock River Arms roll pins.

Magpul MOE Grips.

Vltor A5 buffer system.

Dead On Arms trigger guards.

Magpul MOE SL stock.

Depending on what I'm assembling I like to use Colt for some parts as well.

These are just my personal preferences though, everyone likes different parts.

For upper receiver parts I like to use Colt for the forward assist, AXTS/Radian Raptor or Bravo Company Gunfighter charging handles, RRA roll pins and Dead On Arms dust covers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I have used 12 LPKs from Spikes, 2 from PSA, and one DD parts kit. Couldn't see any difference in the Spikes and DD. The PSA kits were colored differently but fit well enough. I still have a DPMS kit laying around that looks nice.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Have used many different parts/parts kits over the years.  The best stock kits I have found were CMMG LPK's.  The best stock hammer, trigger, and disconnectors, plus selectors I have used to date.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:52:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 2:36:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I've used psa for most of my builds, no trouble so far.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:10:26 AM EDT
[#12]
RRA and BCM use same small parts I think.

LMT, Colt, DD make a lot in house.

I use Spikes and RRA small parts.

Used a dpms/Brownells kit that was included with an ALG trigger, advertising it like they were all ALG parts. Nope! All the pins were so tight that it wasn't funny.

PSA has weak springs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#13]
V7 weapon systems make some amazing pieces. I use their stuff on all my ARs.

Forward Control Designs also makes really nice parts that I love.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top