Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2017 12:55:54 PM EDT
I am building an AR308 lower with a Gieselle SSA trigger.
I like the KNS Precision anti-rotation pins - they offer a NRTHP Gen G pin set designed for the Gieselle triggers.
These pins are 0.155 (not 0.154).
What do you do to fit 0.155 pins in a standard lower 0.154 pin hole?
Do you just tap them in or do you ream the pin hole a little with a 3.95mm Reamer?
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The oversized .155 pins are intended to make a tight fit for well-worn receivers. It is possible to install them into a new, standard lower, but may take a little tapping (as you mentioned) for the interference fit.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, by the way they are the pins that KNS recommended for the Gieselle. The Gen G are not the same as standard .155 pins (I do not know the difference). I am putting them in a new lower.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#3]
For what it's worth - Geissele recommends using their supplied trigger & hammer pins. They recommend against these types of aftermarket anti rotation pins because they are softer metal than Geissele's pins, and Geissele's pins are more concentric. There is a YouTube video where Bill Geissele talks about this, but I don't have time to find and link it to this post. I believe it's one of their earlier videos where he goes through the entire line of triggers, the purpose for each one - as well as installation.

I know that KNS pins look cool, and I have them on some of my triggers - but I never used them with Geissele triggers. I hoped this is helpful info.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There have been posts from Geissele owners stating they strongly prefer KNS pins.
View Quote
Anybody can own one that doesn't mean we should take their advice.  Maybe we should listen to the engineer who designed them instead or random people who can gather enough money to purchase one.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There have been posts from Geissele owners stating they strongly prefer KNS pins.
View Quote
Pretty sure I'll take the advice of the guy who designed the trigger and is one of the best and most knowledgeable engineers in the industry over some dudes that installed the two parts and fired a few hundred or thousand rounds and called it good.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I though the Gen G pins were a collaboration between KNS and Geisselle with Bill's blessing ?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I though the Gen G pins were a collaboration between KNS and Geisselle with Bill's blessing ?
View Quote
KNS said they were going to work to make some that met bills specs.  I don't know that they ever got his blessing.  All I know is their defend are soft and suck ass and are far from mil spec.  They are responsible for a lot of ticket us safety levers.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I guess I am even more confused.
I contacted KNS and Gieselle which both nicely responded to me:
KNS states their G Gen is specifically designed for Gieselle and these pins are different from their standard .155 sets (they even sell Gieselle trigger sets with their Gen G pins).
Gieselle states that their supplied pins should be fine when installed properly - no comment on KNS G Gen pins.
I feel both companies have outstanding quality products and wish I had a clear answer as I want to use both.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe I found the answer:
KNS standard pins are 0.154 or 0.1555 (or 0.170 for Colt)
Gieselle pins are 0.155
KNS G Gen pins are 0.155 not 0.1555
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like geissele are do in their best not to trash talk others in the industry.  Size isn't the only consideration.  How concentric they are,hardness etc.

Let me ask this, why are you trying so hard to use them?

Some guys think they look cool, and then there are the guys who will look at everyone who has them as a know nothing newbie.  But for you is there some reason you want to risk going g against the manufacturers recommendations?  Some perceived benefit?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Good question ajacobs.
I dwelled on this issue because it sometimes aggravates me not to fully understand. I agree with your statement regarding not limiting the part performance to the diameter.
In a way, I want my 308 lowers to last for my sons and not want to have the pin holes open up. They pin holes do open in time and this depends on their use. Years ago, I bought a M16 which came form a large city police department on the west coast, and the pins were quite loose, too loose to be exact. I use the KNS pins on a 9mm and on a 223 and it is rock solid. I suspect than the 308 is harder on the pins than the 223 and the 308 receiver is an extrapolation of a 223 receiver - perhaps not as beefy in 308 as an original 223 design, so for a few dollars I am buying insurance (I hope).
Admittedly, it is more of a personal choice as opposed to a full rational fact.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I am using a couple of sets of the KNS-G pins on SSA triggers.
No fitting problems.
No observed differences before and after.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Thank you PFC! I'm going that route as well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anybody can own one that doesn't mean we should take their advice.  Maybe we should listen to the engineer who designed them instead or random people who can gather enough money to purchase one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, he said "Strongly prefer"!!!

LOLOLOLOLOL

EdIT – for what it's worth, I have a few Giessele triggers and I do not use the KNS pins either.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top