Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2017 9:44:27 AM EDT
A few years ago, I had from this site, step by step instructions for building a lower.  It included drawings (sketches) rather than photos, and started out with all the LPK parts identified and laid out.  Very good reference material and easy to read!
...I can't find this now...  anyone have a link?   It was definitely on AR15.com

(I'd like to print out a copy for when the grid fails and the zombies attack :) )
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:09:17 AM EDT
[#1]
It used to be on the front page before they redid the website.

I suggest you watch YouTube videos until you get the hang of it.  Otherwise you could Google it for printed instructions.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Look up videos on Youtube from nsz85. He's a member here and does great instructional videos.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#3]
its in the sticky/pinned threads
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It used to be on the front page before they redid the website.

I suggest you watch YouTube videos until you get the hang of it.  Otherwise you could Google it for printed instructions.
View Quote
Some of the links to the original arfcom guides appear to be broken. Maybe they got dissolved/lost with the changeover.
MODS- do you know where they are now?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look up videos on Youtube from nsz85. He's a member here and does great instructional videos.
View Quote

One of his threads: NSZ85

His youtube channel: NSZ85 Youtube
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Youtube is nice, but for many of us nothing replaces well written instructions along with diagrams. With videos you need a good connection and a memory that doesn't forget important details. Also too much wasted time with the guy fondling, patting the parts and waving his girly hands every which way. It is freaking annoying!

OP there are still plenty of good books available for very cheap on amazon. Check them out. Hopefully the mods can dig this up. I thought I had that saved in my files. Will check more later.

Edit:  my comment on "the guy" was meant as a general reference and not specific to the videos of the person referenced in this thread. I don't even know if I have seen those. Wanted to make sure nobody misunderstood that comment.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, this was the guide on the front page before they redid the website. Used to be real easy to get to.
I thought I saved it as a PDF, but can't find it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I found the link from 2014, but it no longer works.

http://www.ar15.com/content/guides/assembly/lower/

I did find my old printout but it's in pretty rough shape.   I can scan and post later if anyone is interested... unless the link is restored.

ETA: I emailed webmaster to see if this link can be restored.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd be interested.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Here's link to pics of the lower build instructions that used to be posted here:

http://www.ar15.com/guides/files/tutorials/assembly/lower/index.html?gid=183
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top