Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2017 1:19:11 PM EDT
Buddy of mine was looking to Build- he's a bit hesitant on mixing and matching but also looking to save some coin- I've been able to reduce costs for same products assembled vs buying assembled from manufacturers, but not THAT low for same product.

My thoughts and research come with you get what you pay for but I figure I'll ask here. Looking for product review not customer service.

Who has experience with their product?
Build quality fit and finish?
Reliability and function?

Also if possible please include what BCG lowers and buffers your using if you don't mind. Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]
What of theirs are you looking for a review on? It doesn't look like they build complete rifles, but they do build complete uppers.  Is that what your looking for info on?

I would assume since you are saying you aren't looking to piece one together...

No experience with them, but thought it might help to get you the info your looking for.  All the reviews read sound legit... And I think I might order some things from them to give them a try....
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I built my dad a pistol using one of their 10.5" uppers. Had failures to extract from the first round. I had to mortar the gun open several times. Tried several different BCGs trying to get it to function, to no avail.

Then I noticed rings around each piece of brass. Looked in chamber and sure enough, same kind of defects.

The upper was returned to CBC and is awaiting their inspection.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:19:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a 300bo upper from them last fall, it's good quality, shoots fantastic
I bought it when they were having a free BCG/CH with upper sale, so their BCG

over all I'm very hapy with it

only bitch is, it took a little over 4 weeks from the day I ordered it till I got it. they stated 2 weeks when I ordered it.
they did make up for the delay with a FREE handguard upgrade that I am very happy with

I would buy from them again.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:32:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Much like the posted above I've seen mixed reviews, some OK reliability but terrible customer service; some flawless while others nonfunctional.

He had come across the completed uppers-

I've run through several desirable brands and parting together as well as completed uppers of the same major components- I.e spikes, mega, Bcm, Seekins- this is where I am familiar and trust.

The questions of finish similarities and variances between brands with their barrels and gas systems made him nervous to an extent- so he started looking for completed

Any more input regarding their product I would greatly appreciate.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a 16" 300 BLK upper with 15" HERA quad rail on 1/22/17. Initial impression was what you'd expect for a $300 upper. fit and finish was ok for a mil-spec upper. I mounted a rifle scope, bore sighted it and headed to the range. I shot 20 rounds, had 1" groups at 50 yards and was impressed. Everything worked well until...... I got home and did a quick once over. The barrel was loose. I contacted CBC and Jason told me to send it in and then sent me a label. 1 week later I had the upper back. This time I mounted MBUS's on the rail. pulled out the laser bore sighting device and discovered another MAJOR problem. The barrel was not centered within the quad rail. I measured .375 from the top and .22 from the bottom. I was hitting 4ft low at 25 yards with no more adjustment on the front sight post.  I called, emailed them photos and again they issued a label to return the upper. A week later it was back. This time I checked the barrel center right out of the box instead of wasting another 20 rounds. Again, the barrel was not centered within the rail and no way would the rail be useful for back up sights.  they agreed to replace this with a new upper. Two weeks go by and not a word.  After an assertive exchange with them I received a new upper yesterday. The new upper was 100 %. After mounting MBUS and red dot I headed to the range. Function was perfect. Since I didn't have precision optics this time my groups opened up a bit but the upper did fine. Only time will tell but it appears this one was made right. I know you didn't want much customer service info so I spared you at least a paragraph of my lackluster customer experience. At this point I would not buy another product from them nor would I recommend. Their quality control is retro active meaning their stuff goes out the door so fast that cust have to do it (QC the product).  This wasn't a blem  they have lots of those for sale too.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 7.5 inch pistol upper. Works fine so far
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a 308 upper from them a while back on sale. Didn't have my lower ready so it sat in the box for months. Pulled it out one day to fiddle with it and noticed that the take down pin hole was oversized. I contacted them by email. (took 3 trys to get any real help) They sent me a shipping label and said to return it with a note explaining what was wrong and they would fix it. The rest..............To be determined.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought my 16" Upper from them during their Xmas special.

Everything from the customer service to the way it was packed and the Quality of this upper has Led my friend to purchase 2 more from CBC. I keep eyeing a 14.5 pinned upper.

I will definitely be buying it from CBC.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a barrel from them for my first build and it was good and clean finish and ran great so far.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:38:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes ,I've dealt with them Oct. 2016. Ordered a Complete upper minus BCG & charging handle in .223  Wylde, 16" SS diamond cut heavy barrel.  After 3 weeks of waiting I canceled my order due to the fact they hadn't even started on my item. They refunded my full amount very fast.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top