Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2017 10:50:23 PM EDT
Here is my build I am working on . I know its not practical for daily use but its a 650$ saw.

Point out any thoughts or issues you think this build will have ?

Thanks

1 Cutdown Anderson lower
1 Side cock AR upper with BCG
1 Full metal m249 clone with M60 length body to fit tube.
1 Full metal m249 clone Lower
1 75 RD drum in Nutsack - with faux Belt
1 Shaved lower hooked to rubber banded/ Spring return trigger. hooked with rod to 249 trigger set for built in bump-fire.

Thanks for feedback

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#1]
can't see the pics
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea i keep reloading the html from photobucket ??? is it cause im new they block pics ??
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:18:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Does it let you click photo bucket link ?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the Rubber band makes it Illegal
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:22:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't make sense of your drawing. If the red is a rubber band, it looks like it would pull the trigger forward, which the trigger spring already does. It appears that pulling the exterior trigger would also push the AR trigger forward. I don't see how it would ever fire.

BTW: a spring, or a rubber band, or any non-manual means of bump firing a firearm would be considered a machine gun by the BATFE.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:32:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't make sense of your drawing. If the red is a rubber band, it looks like it would pull the trigger forward, which the trigger spring already does. It appears that pulling the exterior trigger would also push the AR trigger forward. I don't see how it would ever fire.

BTW: a spring, or a rubber band, or any non-manual means of bump firing a firearm would be considered a machine gun by the BATFE.
View Quote

That's my understanding as well.

Rapid manual trigger manipulation (Rubber Band Assisted)
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:44:56 AM EDT
[#7]
No no on the rubber band...
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 4:10:16 AM EDT
[#8]
WT actual fuck.   No you can not do that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Posting about the legal activity
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Should say "illegal activity " but see below
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:47:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Wasn't there a similar idea done with a shoelace a while back? As I recall that was deemed illegal by the ATF. How is this any different?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Found it

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:  Here is my build I am working on . I know its not practical for daily use but its a 650$ saw.

Point out any thoughts or issues you think this build will have ?

Thanks

1 Cutdown Anderson lower
1 Side cock AR upper with BCG
1 Full metal m249 clone with M60 length body to fit tube.
1 Full metal m249 clone Lower
1 75 RD drum in Nutsack - with faux Belt
1 Shaved lower hooked to rubber banded/ Spring return trigger. hooked with rod to 249 trigger set for built in bump-fire.

Thanks for feedback

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q567/sysinit/m215.jpg
View Quote

OP, the Atkins Accelerator was an ordinary bumpfire stock w/ a spring in it.  BATFE approved it, then nixed it, putting him out of business.  I'd recommend against using the rubber band.

Here are your pics, I believe:

What pistol frame is that?  I don't recognize it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVfwFP_RwTQ
View Quote

Does that mean the little "Hellfire" trigger device that was sold at gun shows all over in the late 80s and early 90s is illegal too?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Does that mean the little "Hellfire" trigger device that was sold at gun shows all over in the late 80s and early 90s is illegal too?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know.  I would not run a Hellfire or a rubber band. 
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. What was in the above video of the 9mm sbr, is not a machinegun. The rubber band in the video is placed in a manner that simply increases trigger pull weight. This can help bump firing by making the trigger be more likely to reset during recoil. The original Hellfire trigger device  (the first mass distributed bumpfire assistance device) used a spring pushing the trigger forward to do the same thing as the above rubber band. This is perfectly legal by US federal law. I believe the OP is/was looking to the same thing with the rubber band as what is shown in the above video.

Bump firing is firing a semiauto firearm in a way that allows the trigger to reset during recoil, then after recoil, pulling the firearm forward against a stationary trigger finger to pull the trigger, and start the firing cycle again. This can result in semiautomatic fire at a rate that approximates machinegun fire.

Bump firing was at first, usually done from the hip. Until the bump fire stocks came to be, shouldering a firearm while trying to bump fire didn't usually work too well. Bump firing from the hip was/is a great way to turn money  (ammunition) into noise.

Bump fire stocks aid bump firing by allowing action and trigger mechanism to move rearward independent of the shooter's firing hand, trigger finger, and support shoulder. This allows bump firing while somewhat aiming. It is important that when using a bump fire stock, the shooter manually pulls/pushes the action forward against his/her stationary trigger finger. This manual action between shots is an important legal point.

A precursor to the current bump fire stocks was the Atkins Accelerator. It was similar to the current bump fire stocks, except that the action recoiled within the stock, independent of the the shooter and the trigger finger, and it had a spring that pushed the action back into the forward position. The BATFE initially didn't consider the Atkins Accelerator to be a machinegun. After the initial release of the Atkins Accelerator, the BATFE decided that the Atkins Accelerator stock, with a spring installed, was a machinegun, since even though the trigger was being cycled once per shot, the shooter was not making individual actuations of the trigger, but rather the shooter was actuating the trigger once, and the firearm was pulling its own trigger against the stationary trigger finger.

The OP's original drawing was unclear to me, and I wanted to caution the OP, and others against inadvertently making an illegal machinegun similar to the Atkins Accelerator.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Good move deleting that drawing.  Thin ice in my opinion.  
Cool project though.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top