Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2017 11:34:05 PM EDT
These are on sale. Are they worth it?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used a few. They are fine.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:25:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, I bought a kit for spares this week.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:22:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Good to go.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:32:05 AM EDT
[#4]
They are all fairly standard. They are gtg.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:23:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Anderson has 2 different LPK One is a std mil spec the other has a SS trigger & SS bob'd hammer. I like the SS kits as the hammer & trigger engagement polish up nice. They are 2 bucks more than the std kits.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I tried one in a pinch, not impressed. Maybe a fluke?
CMMG is my go to.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anderson has 2 different LPK One is a std mil spec the other has a SS trigger & SS bob'd hammer. I like the SS kits as the hammer & trigger engagement polish up nice. They are 2 bucks more than the std kits.
View Quote

I've been wondering myself about the SS vs. std. steel hammers and triggers.  I've been lead to believe that SS is somewhat softer than steel.  Would that be an issue regarding the hammer and trigger?  Just wondering about the advantage, if any, SS has over steel.  Most all upgraded triggers I have seen are not SS.  My initial thoughts are that a regular steel trigger and hammer, cleaned up a little would be preferred.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I've used a few without issues.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I've built 5 lowers over the past month, used DPMS on one, PSA on second, CMMG on third, and Anderson on the last 2 and I have to say the Anderson fit and felt the best to me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I have always used Anderson LPK and have never had any problems with them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I also have used CMMG, DPMS and Anderson on several builds. I have found the Anderson LPK to be better to the point that is al I will buy now. The SS trigger and hammer seemed to feel the best.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 1:13:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Anderson has a rep for decent lower parts... except the "mil spec" trigger. They are notorious for being SUPER gritty. They used to be GTG, but lately their QC has gone down on the triggers. The SS ones seem to still be pretty good. Other than that, there are reports of the occasional (too) short takedown pin. For the price, they're worth a shot (especially the "essentials" kits which are minus trigger and grip). Even the full basic kit is definitely worth it if you are able to take some time smoothing out the trigger.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 4:57:43 AM EDT
[#13]
2 done with Andersons.. 1 with PSA and last one was from Tennessee Arms..

The Anderson's were fine, did not like the PSA as the trigger was Meh... The Tennessee Arms was nicely packed, only $45 and from what I can tell the Trigger is nice!  Clean and crisp.. Now I just need to finish this build and shoot with it!
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:05:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I have used 6 or 7 Anderson LPKs. I buy the ones without grips or triggers so I can comment on the trigger.

CMMG is proud of their colored bags for the different pieces. Andersons come in colored bags. Same kit different name? Makes me wonder.

I have used, PSA Premium, Anderson, CMMG, Red Barn Armory and PSA PTAC kits. The only one I had an issue with was the PTAC kit. The PTAC bolt catch was too thin and would not reliably lock the bolt back.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top