Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2017 12:47:44 PM EDT
So I'm doing my first AR build. This will be my first AR ever. I have a good deal of experience with firearms in general just not the AR platform. I am going for a bit of a hybrid. My goal is for an overall Vietnam era look that wont break the bank.

Here is my parts list. Items in red have been bought already those in black have not.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z9EDLAz_ppV3f2fFc1QGbgFQIPw27Q1oJfzs1f0eQJU/edit?usp=sharing

Am I missing anything? Thoughts/opinions about my selected parts?
There are links to each individual items product page in the list. click on the words for each part.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#1]
What manufacturer's parts are you using for the barrel and BCG, and which barrel profile did you choose?

I have a pencil-barrel A2 with A1 furniture very similar to your planned build and I love it. I'll probably swap the A2 upper for a C7 quite soon, but the configuration you're planning is very shootable. A1 furniture is my favorite by far!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't show what brands .
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:13:20 PM EDT
[#3]
There are links to each individual items product page in the list. click on the words for each part.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok I have been away from these boards a few months and I am not sure if it's the new site look or the never ending links just to get details for what you have. I think it's a little of both. Long story short, it takes waaay too much effort to sift through all of this. Is it possible to include the details on the first page and drop the links? Most everyone should be familiar with your selections. I think that would help. Welcome.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#5]
That barrel is going to limit you to lighter projectiles being a 1/12 twist. If your goal is to build a 20" A2 rifle I would suggest the Windham Weapony 20" barrel kit: https://shop.windhamweaponry.com/collections/barrels-parts/products/kit-ba20gvt-7

On my A2 build I scavenged a 20" barrel from a flattop PSA upper kit, similar to this one that is currently sold out: http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-20-hammer-forged-madness-stripped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for that link. I wasn't a huge fan of the 1 in 12 due to how limited I would be on ammo type, I just couldn't find a non 1 in 12 20" in a a1/a2 style. I'm definitely gonna change to the one you listed.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top