Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/19/2017 1:22:42 PM EDT
Got to digging through the spare parts boxes and turns out I had everything except a stripped upper and a flash hider. So I present the spare parts rifle.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great! Way better than any of my spare parters
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice. I try not to keep too many larger parts lying around (anything bigger than a pistol grip) as they tend to turn into a complete rifle shortly after. Although that hasn't been 100% in the past as a spare .30 cal muzzle brake turned into a .300 BLK SBR a little over a year ago.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up the lower a while back just because of the deal on it, the barrel and rail was a pull off after I won a Larue barrel and used a Geissele rail. I started digging around and found the rest. 

I'm just trying to figure out if it's a new used gun or a used new gun 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:16:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I try not to keep spare parts around for that reason.

of course I have an A2 upper that's been sitting in a parts bin for 10years I really need to do something with. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Other than a bunch of spare lower and bolt parts this about cleaned my bins out. I did find an extra crush washer so I bay have to build a 20 inch A1 now 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice.

I built this one from spare parts too. The only thing that isn't actually correct is the A1 flash hider.

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Very nice, I just did the same thing!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:58:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice.

I built this one from spare parts too. The only thing that isn't actually correct is the A1 flash hider.

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p511/Sputnik1988/C77D4E1E-6BF8-45A7-8111-B0587C237F77_zps1fgp6qyo.jpg
View Quote
That's a nice looking rifle 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Those are pretty nice for spare parts.  Mine is so shitty you don't want to see it!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#11]
OP -- nice!

Seeing that was like "deja vue all over again"!  I needed a basic AR for a practical rife course, and realized that all I needed was another barrel and gas tube.  Add in an 80% lower and other bits laying around, stir, and poof!:

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#12]
That's an awesome rifle there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:44:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice, OP. My spare parts gun.
( The bad part is that I still have spare parts.) It's a problem, I can admit it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:51:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File

Going to one of my groomsmen.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Those are great looking rifles, folks.

The key to my avoiding building spare parts guns has been keeping my spares to small parts.  It's been moderately successful.  I've only built one rifle that could be thought of as a "spare parts gun," and it was more a way to avoid spending money I didn't have at the time than "hey, I almost have a whole AR here!"
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Those are great looking rifles, folks.

The key to my avoiding building spare parts guns has been keeping my spares to small parts.  It's been moderately successful.  I've only built one rifle that could be thought of as a "spare parts gun," and it was more a way to avoid spending money I didn't have at the time than "hey, I almost have a whole AR here!"
View Quote

This lpk, that bcg, those handguards, ohhh and that lonely old barrel...... dammit it's happening again. My safe is a breeding ground.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:09:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I love those MI free floats...
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:01:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:  This lpk, that bcg, those handguards, ohhh and that lonely old barrel...... dammit it's happening again. My safe is a breeding ground.
View Quote

Keep them away from the Mosins.  No one's ever successfully cross bred a Mosin w/ an AR, but Mosins breed like rabbits, and the outcome is terrible to think about.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Keep them away from the Mosins.  No one's ever successfully cross bred a Mosin w/ an AR, but Mosins breed like rabbits, and the outcome is terrible to think about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  This lpk, that bcg, those handguards, ohhh and that lonely old barrel...... dammit it's happening again. My safe is a breeding ground.

That'd be some ugly bastard spawn.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I forgot to add, Not Mine^
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I wouldn't claim it either.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:38:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I swapped THREE spare parts guns just yesterday for a nearly new very tricked out Daniel Defense V5 at a local pawn shop. They were all built with scraps and odds and ends, cheap receivers etc.....They can sell those three a lot quicker than the V5 would have and I have more AR's than I need, so it worked out good. I like building them but at some point you only need so many "truck guns" and "beater rifles"......

I have three left. Two are built on Anderson lowers- one has a Palmetto 16" M4 Nitrided upper with a Fortis rail. I let the gunsmith practice his Cerakote skills on it and it turned out pretty well....The other is a 14.5" rifle, Bushmaster barrel and Magpul furniture- CTR, handguard etc....decent little gun. The last one is probably the cheapest AR I've ever built. I bought a Smith Wesson takeoff Melonite barrel, it was brand new, guy bought two of the M&P's and wanted to convert them to .300 BO. The upper was free, part of a trade. Bolt was a $69 Palmetto blem milspec, furniture is all cast off Magpul from other projects, lower was a used Aero...don't have $300 in the whole gun.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#24]

That's a pretty clever pistol grip.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top