Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2017 3:33:39 PM EDT
Or does it matter? Are the Brownells BCG's actually made by Anderson?

ETA: went with Toolcraft Nitride sold by JoeBobOutfitters. Price OTD was $95 free shipping.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh, probably.

I have been very pleased with the Brownell's branded stuff, whoever they have actually making it seems to be of good quality.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll guess that most vendors who are "re-branding" AR parts have non-disclosure agreements with their manufacturers/suppliers.
You could ask but they probably won't tell. Or you'll get an answer like "....parts are manufactured according to the mil-spec in the United States by a contractor".
Companies with good reputations like Brownells will not knowingly put their name on junk so I'd say it's GTG.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't speak to the Brownells BCGs of any flavor, or the Anderson nitride, but I did purchase and Anderson nickle boron BCG and I'm less than trilled with it. Finish stained badly after the first shooting which will not come off and I've found it more difficult to clean than a phosphate finish. It did function okay though so I'm keeping it for an emergency spare. In that same price range, I've settled on AIM V2 which has been easy to clean and functions perfectly. The AIMs also have a C158 bolt and the extractor has the back insert and O-ring upgrade.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Meh, probably.

I have been very pleased with the Brownell's branded stuff, whoever they have actually making it seems to be of good quality.
View Quote

I bought a pile of Brownell's branded aluminum mags and they are very nice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:07:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Brownells doesn't put their name on crap parts. More than likely the brownells bcg will be made by toolcraft. Toolcraft makes bcgs for many quality companies and their bcg are gtg.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Of those two, Brownells. I personally like Aim Surplus.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I can't speak to the Brownells BCGs of any flavor, or the Anderson nitride, but I did purchase and Anderson nickle boron BCG and I'm less than trilled with it. Finish stained badly after the first shooting which will not come off and I've found it more difficult to clean than a phosphate finish. It did function okay though so I'm keeping it for an emergency spare. In that same price range, I've settled on AIM V2 which has been easy to clean and functions perfectly. The AIMs also have a C158 bolt and the extractor has the back insert and O-ring upgrade.
View Quote

Another vote for the Aim V2, my fav bcg.

Tomac
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an Anderson it's okay nothing bad nothing great. I did buy a Blackwood Arms BCG for $75 and it's much nicer, looks exactly like the BCG sitting in an M&P
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Anderson has great customer service.........I have the aim nickel boron and two from fail zero, if I have the cash.......fail zero every time............Imho
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:33:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, probably.

Made by DSH
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:39:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is it "their" nitride BCG?
This one?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:33:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I finally went with a Toolcraft Nitride BCG on sale at JoeBobOutfitters.

Price with free shipping and 5% mil-vet discount was $95
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:43:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Great choice. Toolcraft are very good bcg's!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Is it "their" nitride BCG?
This one?
View Quote

Affirmative.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Technically ToolCraft make only the carrier. The rest is made by? There are many "ToolCraft" BCGs with different bolts. I have found correct, or at least the most Mil-spec ToolCraft carrier BCGs come from Cryptic Coating. Their C-158 bolts are MPI and HTP.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Technically ToolCraft make only the carrier. The rest is made by? There are many "ToolCraft" BCGs with different bolts. I have found correct, or at least the most Mil-spec ToolCraft carrier BCGs come from Cryptic Coating. Their C-158 bolts are MPI and HTP.
View Quote

ToolCraft uses quality bolts from a variety of bolt makers.  JoeBob's web page for that part says it comes with an MPI bolt, which is consistent with ToolCraft using quality bolts.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:46:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Brownells doesn't put their name on crap parts. More than likely the brownells bcg will be made by toolcraft. Toolcraft makes bcgs for many quality companies and their bcg are gtg.
View Quote

Brownells backs their stuff with a lifetime warranty, so it wouldn't pay them to sell junk.

On the other hand, you have to pay Brownells' price to buy Brownells' stuff.

I signed up for their Edge program last year and am happy with it.  Free shipping and free returns.  Took them up on it when some things I bought went on sale a month or so after I bought them.  Bought them back at the lower price (unused items).
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:26:35 AM EDT
[#18]
bolt carrier group arrived today. The proof is in the shooting but from outward appearances this is one excellent piece of machine work. No tool marks or scratches. And JBO's level of service was excellent. Ordered Thursday night received it Monday morning.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top