Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2017 5:50:44 PM EDT
Arrived today, my Mega Arms forged receiver set! I've built a few rifles with other forged receivers (Spikes, DPMS, etc) but the quality of the coating on the Mega Arms is shockingly good. I couldn't believe it, especially for a forged set. I'll try to figure out how to post pictures when I can. But I can't describe what a huge difference it is...a deep, smooth, almost sparkly black finish. Worth every penny.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats. I've used used quite a few differnet high end brands and it's always nice when one surprises you. I bought an axts ax556 billet about a month ago and it is beautiful. Everything about it is pure perfection. So happy with it. By far the nicest ar component I've ever seen in person.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep! The fit is also amazing, no wobble at all without being tight. They have been my go to for years.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to hear, I'm still waiting for a billet set to show up in stock somewhere.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:24:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Agreed on the MEGA Forged; I've always been very pleased with fit and finish - very high quality.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#5]
IMO, Mega and Aero Precision make best-quality parts and stand behind their products.  There may be other makers one can depend on, but these two are local to me and very trustworthy.  My latest build uses a Mega billet upper receiver, a little heavier than forged, but I wanted the ultimate in precision. - CW
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Mega makes some beautiful stuff. Nice choice.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#7]
My dealer sells them for 110 for the lower.  Sure I could get a PSA or Anderson for 59 bucks plush 10 for shipping and 20 for a transfer.  The mega is clearly with the extra 30.  And you never here about problems with them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got a stripped upper and lower from Mega myself. Going to hopefully build them up this weekend. They do seem to be of very high quality.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:18:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah it is great and all until the dust cover hits it about ten times. Now my $600 billet receiver set is marked up. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:30:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Mega is top notch.  I've used a number of their lowers and all have been fantastic.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah it is great and all until the dust cover hits it about ten times. Now my $600 billet receiver set is marked up. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/351027/IMG-3615-147650.JPG
View Quote

You should check out Strike Industries Enhanced dust covers, they're polymer so they shouldn't scratch it, and they have several styles to choose from.  I put one on my Spikes upper and like it much better than a mil spec.  Not only does it look good but it has a tighter seal, if you're really worried about dust.  Just my $0.02
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You should check out Strike Industries Enhanced dust covers, they're polymer so they shouldn't scratch it, and they have several styles to choose from.  I put one on my Spikes upper and like it much better than a mil spec.  Not only does it look good but it has a tighter seal, if you're really worried about dust.  Just my $0.02
View Quote

Agreed, I have one on my mega forged set and it's a real nice piece,  no metal to scratch your receiver and install is simple as there are no tiny clips to lose, just a spring loaded pin.  The flag style is my personal favorite.  
The mega finish is the nicest finish on my gun by far.  I tried to find something not to like about and couldn't.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top