Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/9/2017 7:31:54 PM EDT
Hello, AR15 Community!

I am building my first AR15 from scratch and after many months of research and having gone through hundreds of threads on here, I am finally stumped and must ask you all for help.

I just purchased the Daniel Defense DDM4 12.0 Rail and an SLR sentry adjustable clamp-on gas block. I read on another forum that this combination won't work as this gas block will not fit under the rail. I have not found much on DDm4 rails with regard to adjustable gas blocks.

Could anyone suggest a high-quality adjustable gas block that would fit under this rail? Would the Superlative Arms gas block fit? Seekins?

https://danieldefense.com/ddm4-rail-15-0-rifle-length-1503.html

Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have it in hand, just measure.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Neither parts have arrived yet, unfortunately. I'm looking for members who own this same rail and an adjustable gas block as well. This is a premium build so I am looking to buy a top-of-the-line product! Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I can not directly answer your question but I see that you're in MA and so I assume you don't have a suppressor (and I wouldn't hold my breath on the HPA passing) so my point is, if you're not running a suppressor then I would not mess with an adjustable gas block. Absoluting no point to it on a non-suppressed AR.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:12:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for your response. You're correct in that I am in Mass but will not he running a suppressor, unfortunately.

My decision to get an adjustable gas block came after reading these two articles:

http://americanshootingjournal.com/tune-that-gas/

And

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2013/12/17/adjustable-ar-gas-blocks/

I have never owned an AR15 prior to this build so I don't have a baseline. These articles have convinced me that I should buy one for my 16-inch mid length build.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I will simply say, I don't agree with the conclusions reached in those articles.

A 16" barrel with a mid-length gas system is already a soft shooter, especially combined with an H2 buffer (or rifle buffer if you are going with a fixed stock) and I know because I have owned multiple 16" middy uppers over the years. This nonsense about "tuning" the AR's gas system is just that, nonsense. You just end up spending more money, putting extra weight towards the end of the barrel and making the gas system less reliable for no practical gain on a non-suppressed weapon

But that's just my opinion based on my own personal experience.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:36:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for your help! I am not going to fuss with an adjustable gas block anymore.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top