Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2017 4:47:31 PM EDT
I read some about y'all buying the PSA Freedom kits and build your own gun so I went out there looking around and order the complete up right thing and then ordered a lower kit but I'm wondering if I might have forgot to order something I have an a Bushmaster AR-15 that I've had for about 9 years old and really do love it but I want to build this new land with a 1 in 7 twist in a 20 inch barrel
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you saying that you ordered the upper and lower?  Or are you saying you only ordered the lower?  Are you looking for a 20" upper?  Or are you just looking for a barrel now?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered a 20 in barely w 1 in seven twist.it was 299.00 and said it already had bolt and carrier.pic showed a complete upper.where I messed up was I didn't come here before I order it.as you can tell I am a rookie.i ordered a lower kit because it half of a complete one.but I don't think I ordered right .I was wanting the barrel for some range and accuracy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:12:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Check your receipt.  The only 20" barrel I see on their website is a heavy stainless barrel.  The 20" freedom upper is a complete upper, and costs $299.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes that is the one that I ordered but I ordered a lower kit thinking that that was all I needed for the lower but I think I'm going to need what is it a stripped lower to put that in I don't know if I can cancel my order part of it because I think it had already shipped
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#5]
So go buy a stripped lower.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#6]
As just said, get a stripped lower.
Does your lower parts kit come with the trigger? If not, you'll need that obviously.
What about a stock and buffer tube kit?
From the sounds of it, you have to make a complete lower to go with the upper.
20" barrell, I would assume rifle length gas, so make sure your buffer tube kit matches.
Lowers are fairly simple to put together.
do you have a vise, and the block that the stripped lower goes over to prevent damage? Torque wrench and punch kits?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:10:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the impetus I have been out of town so that is why I have not been responsive to you comments.my upper was a complete one and I ordered a complete lower after I learned better.hope to get it in this week and will let yell know.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top