Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2017 2:38:58 PM EDT
I had been sitting on some parts prior to the election but decided that if Trump won, I would build them into something. I present that something. The build parts are as follows:

Seekins Precision Billet Upper & Lower
Green Mountain 18" 1:5 .223 Wylde Stainless Steel Barrel w/ Rifle Gas System
Geissele Nation Match Trigger
Seven Weapon Systems Titanium Gas Block, Mag Catch, Pivot & Take Down Pins, Buffer Retainer & Spring, Ambi Selector 
LMT Ergo Grip
Kaw Valley Precision Carbine Buffer 3 oz.
Spikes Buffer Spring
AXTS Raptor Charging Handle
Spikes NiB BCG
SLR Rifle Works 11" Helix Key Mod Rail
XLR Industries Tactical AR Buttstock

The optic and mount are undetermined. As light as this rifle is, I really dont want to weigh it down with heavy glass. I am thinking about something in the 3-18x range. Maybe a Vortex PST or similar. I am open to suggestions and feedback on the build. 

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Not at all a fan of leaving your gas tube exposed like that,  seems to be asking for trouble. Maybe think about a longer rail that totally covers the gas block?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not at all a fan of leaving your gas tube exposed like that,  seems to be asking for trouble. Maybe think about a longer rail that totally covers the gas block?
View Quote

that titanium gas block though !!!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:50:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not at all a fan of leaving your gas tube exposed like that,  seems to be afsking for trouble. Maybe think about a longer rail that totally covers the gas block?
View Quote
I considered it and may still get a 12" rail eventually. I don't think there is any risk of damage as this isn't a SHTF type build. I plan to use it off the bench and as a light weight hunter. I suppose you could burn yourself on the gas tube but only like 1" of it is exposed and what would your hand be doing out that far anyway? I do think the Seven titanium gas block is sexy as hell and don't want to hide it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 1:13:51 AM EDT
[#5]
1:5 twist?

Typo? Or are you shooting 80 grainers only?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:41:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Other than the exposed gas block and lack of barrel threading I dig it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
1:5 twist?

Typo? Or are you shooting 80 grainers only?
View Quote
No typo. It's an experimental barrel Green Mountain made a few of for  testing. I wasn't part of the test but got the barrel from a guy who was. They did very well with 75 and 77gr bullets. I plan to stick with 77gr and will experiment to see if I can get an 80gr to fit mag length.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No typo. It's an experimental barrel Green Mountain made a few of for  testing. I wasn't part of the test but got the barrel from a guy who was. They did very well with 75 and 77gr bullets. I plan to stick with 77gr and will experiment to see if I can get an 80gr to fit mag length.
View Quote

Cool. I have a green mountain 1:7 USGI profile in an AR. I like it. Let us know how it works out. You should try to do some single loading with some bigger VIDs. I bet it would shoot one hole from like 200
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top