User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I have looked at this whole thread from the OP.
*You have an issue.
*You seek advice.
*Advice is given
*You cleaned the bbl
*It looks like shit
**You still are not sure.

If you are not happy with it send it back to MO. Imo, that's what I would do. Asking the same questions over and over will get you nowhere.

As I stated earlier in this post,  JSE got hammered by flooding this year. Maybe your bbl was effected? Maybe the coating wasn't sufficient to protect it? Maybe it was applied post flood? Maybe none of the above?

Either way, put the time into it to determine the situation or send it back.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
DT.My bad.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I will not use anything but gun cleaning products on barrels.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If so, try denatured alcohol
this time, as suggested earlier in this post.

Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm waiting on a response from the seller and if i use anything other than gun barrel cleaning products it might void my warranty.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

What do you think gun cleaning products are made out of?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What do you think gun cleaning products are made out of?
View Quote

https://www.remington.com/sites/default/files/documents/RemingtonSDS-18397-40-X_Bore%20Clr_4oz_V1.pdf
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#7]
link

FIFY

FYI: denatured alcohol will not hurt the bore. Your decision tho, your parts.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#8]

That is fine and dandy, but I don't use Remington products on my guns.

Now I am going to bow out of this thread, two pages of suggestions and we are still talking about the same thing.

Some people sure love to over think things.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

You aren't going to hurt anything with alcohol down it, when I have passed copper equilibrium in my precision barreled AR I hose that thing out with some brake clean after using a copper solvent and ballistol. After the brake clean comes some oil and then a few clean patches. Barrels are tough, don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 11:33:10 PM EDT
[#10]
OP, what'd JSE say about your bbl?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 11:49:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OP, what'd JSE say about your bbl?
View Quote

They gave me a rma number for a replacement.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:14:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Good deal. Most likely better off. No need for a bbl that you have doubt on from day one.
Lots of quality bbls out there, finding a replacement should prove easy.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:38:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good deal. Most likely better off. No need for a bbl that you have doubt on from day one.
Lots of quality bbls out there, finding a replacement should prove easy.
Good luck.
View Quote

I am going to get a different barrel but same model.  I just hope its not like the first one i did see they got a new shipment in of the same barrel.  Still think its odd that the lady told me they inspect and clean every barrel before it leaves and thats how it looked when i got it.  But mistakes happen and they seem to be taking care of me so far.  I will update when i get the new barrel if u want.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 8:57:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Im sure it'll be better the 2nd time around.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Pretty upset just seen at midway they have on sale stoner barrels 18" mid length gas 1-8 twist ss for $105
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Pretty upset just seen at midway they have on sale stoner barrels 18" mid length gas 1-8 twist ss for $105
View Quote

Isn't that's the way it always works?... right after you buy something, a better deal pops up somewhere else....
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have heard mixed reviews on the AR Stoner bbls, no personal experience tho.
This is the first complaint on a Wilson/JSE bbl I have come across.

And yeah, buy today, sale tomorrow. Story of my life.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Oh well barrel is in the mail probably have my new barrel in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've had mixed luck with AR stoner barrels in the past. As long as you're not expecting a nail driver, it's fine. The last one I had was a 1:7 government profile. It shot like 4-4.5 MOA. Put a green mountain on and it went to about 2. Which is acceptable for a USGI profile IMHO. They work alright though. Just have to temper expectations. Half the cost, sometimes they just won't shoot as good as the barrels that cost 2-3x as much. Another (stoner) shot fine at about 2.5 MOA.  I prefer a known quality barrel. Takes some of the guesswork out
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Yea with this barrel i was expecting a little better QC on it.  I know it shouldn't have pitting as bad as it was.  For the price i paid for it i know it won't shoot sub moa but if i can get 2moa at 100yd with handloads i will be pleased.  If this doesn't work out i will probably save up for a Larue or WOA barrel
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yea with this barrel i was expecting a little better QC on it.  I know it shouldn't have pitting as bad as it was.  For the price i paid for it i know it won't shoot sub moa but if i can get 2moa at 100yd with handloads i will be pleased.  If this doesn't work out i will probably save up for a Larue or WOA barrel
View Quote

Get a hold of Tony at Ballistic Advantage, they are good barrels, I have a lot of them and they have a 1 MOA guarantee on their barrels, they are less expensive than many of them and they shoot quite well, like I said, I have a lot of their barrels and have never been disappointed with any of them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Isn't that's the way it always works?... right after you buy something, a better deal pops up somewhere else....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That has been my exp also

I gotta feeling many people are going to be disappointed over the next year, but that's a good thing
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Little update got my replacement barrel and it looks way better than the one i got the first time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Little update got my replacement barrel and it looks way better than the one i got the first time.
View Quote

Nice! Glad it worked out for you.
No need to accept second rate shit from any supplier.

They offer you any explanation?
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 12:07:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Nope they just gave me a RMA once they seen the after cleaning pics of the barrel.  This time they did clean the barrel and was oiled up pretty good.  I'll update in a few days once i take it to the range.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 6:28:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Here she is ready to hit the range.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Nice!
Thanks for the lower envy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top