Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2016 3:39:23 PM EDT
Curious to know if anyone has used one of these reasonably-priced flash hiders

Also curious to know if Rousch Sports is a reputable vendor. Their site info tells very little about them.

Google shows they are in Austin, TX
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't buy anything high dollar from them. They list no phone number. One poster here had trouble with something and they ignored his emails. We all tried to find a phone number but no luck.
 I had a supplier once with no phone number, didn't realize till after I bought the goods and I had problems. I swore of ever since online buying from companies that don't list a customer service phone line.

ETA, they list a Matrix style side charge upper receiver. I would maybe buy from them, but no phone so I'll wait till someone else gets it in stock.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I've bought plenty of flash hiders, gas blocks, charging handles, and Strike Industry products from Rousch in the past 2 years (at least 5 orders a year). I didn't have any problem with their shipping (FREE), usually the next day, and I've received the correct/within spec products. I've never had to contact them by phone/email. They're active on Facebook.

Other Arfcom users claim to have problem with their free float rail but I've never ordered one. Their muzzle devices are gtg.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like their FB page came first before the website.

As far as reviews there seems to be no middle ground. Customers give them five stars or one.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I've bought a few things from them and they are good to go. I was looking at that flash hider OP asked about. They look interesting. I wonder how effective they are and do they sound like a tuning fork? If they don't sound like a tuning fork every time you shot the rifle, I would be interested in one.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the one above for  9mm.  Happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:48:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've bought a few things from them and they are good to go. I was looking at that flash hider OP asked about. They look interesting. I wonder how effective they are and do they sound like a tuning fork? If they don't sound like a tuning fork every time you shot the rifle, I would be interested in one.
View Quote

I would think that the shorter the prongs the less the "tuning fork noise"
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 11:49:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I've bought a few things from them.  Ordered an A2 style FH and they sent me an A1.  I emailed them about the issue and they apologized and sent out the proper one right away.  Told be to toss the other in my parts bin for a spare.  I will order again from them.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have the one above for  9mm.  Happy with it.
View Quote

Got any pictures of it mounted on your 9mm AR? I'm thinking of one too.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I got a charging handle  from them on amazon.   It still works so that's good news.  Would order another one of there products if the price was right.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:33:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Seems email is the quickest and maybe only way to contact.??
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:06:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I have ordered quite a bit from Rousch over the years and I'm 100% satisfied. Fast shipping with tracking.

Another place that has been very good to me is Fatboy tactical. Fast shipping with tracking, $10 flat rate shipping. He does run sales to his customer list occasionally, sometimes free shipping.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:00:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I have their Punisher fh on two carbines.  I think I got a few random other parts for the builds from them when their ebay store was selling made in usa parts that weren't just muzzle devices.  They shipped fast to me, made no mistakes, I still follow them as an ebay seller and plan on getting more stuff from them as the need arises.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:33:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I've used their A2 flash hider before. It's nice, not great. The wrench slots do not line up at the proper 3-9 o'clock positions. Other than that, it appears well machined.
I will state however, that I'm doubtful they are really Melonite (or nitride) treated. Their advertising is tricky. When I bought mine, it was listed as nitride treated... then in lower fine print stated "black oxide coating" (which is a completely different thing) and mine DOES appear "black oxide" and not nitride (it definitely seems like a coating, not the nitride/melonite treatment). I don't have many rounds through it, so I can't comment on how the coating will hold up.

You may want to email them and force them to VERIFY that it's actually melonite/nitride TREATED and not just "black oxide" coated (many vendors love to "accidentally" use the incorrect terminology, especially since "melonite" and "Nitride" is popular at the moment).
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:55:31 AM EDT
[#14]
It works fine on an 11.5". Quality, finish, and machining looks good. I might have an extra laying around.

OP shoot me a PM and I can send it your way. Its in 1/2 by 28. But a 9mm drops through.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:06:39 PM EDT
[#15]
thank you!

PM sent.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It works fine on an 11.5". Quality, finish, and machining looks good. I might have an extra laying around.

OP shoot me a PM and I can send it your way. Its in 1/2 by 28. But a 9mm drops through.
View Quote

Just received it. Sweet!!!!

THANK YOU!
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Personally, I like the retro GI style 3-prong flash hider.  Those in 5.56 size are readily available from leftover GI stocks, but if you want one for a 6.8 or .30 caliber, only Rousch has them.  Quality is excellent, prices are low and their customer service is outstanding.  Highly recommended. - CW

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top