User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2016 6:52:02 PM EDT
Any love out there?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have them on both mine, came with my RRA LAR-6 and installed one on my DPMS, much better than the stock DPMS trigger.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.  Several in various platforms SIG 716 AR10 AR15.  Fabulous for the money.

ETA: Quahog of triggers...
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I would compare my slightly worked on RR trigger to many of the higher priced spreads out there.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had good luck with half-dozen or so that I have in real, shooting carbines.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Have one on my A2 NM. Very happy with it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Had no problems with the RRA, but is hard to beat the LaRue for the money.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I have their 2-stage varmint trigger on one of my AR's. Awesome trigger.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes with JP springs (not the hammer spring though).
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a NM and a varmint, I have been happy with both.  Usually carry a bad name due to a run of bad triggers several years ago, this is not the case anymore.  They can be found for around $70 and are a hell of a deal.  If you have any issues, RRA will sort you out without a problem.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Works great in my AR.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#11]
GTG
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a Varmit in my SAA that's great. Just bought a
NM 4.5 that's horrible. Shipped to RR for evaluation.
I hope they're good enough to replace it.
The trigger edge is slopped. You can see it with a naked
eye.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#13]

You can see the slope in the photo.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:52:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Never mind
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:46:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Out of all the triggers I have replaced, the RRA is one of the few that I have never felt the need to.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 3:15:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Love them.

I own LaRue's, Geissele's, CMC, Elftman, ALG's, among others.

RRA's dont have near the fit and finish of a Geissele or LaRue 2-stage, but mine break clean and are reliable.  There are nicer triggers out there, but damned hard to beat for the money.

With the LaRue at $125, I don't see much reason to buy any more tho.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 7:17:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

eye.
View Quote
If I understand correctly on how the RRA 2 stage works, this surface does not come in to contact with the hammer like in a standard mil-spec trigger.

All of the sear surfaces are on top of the trigger mechanism and on the funny shaped spur under the hammer.

That front surface is irrelevant and that's why it is not even ground.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You can see the slope in the photo.

http://s16.postimg.org/vsonvkr0l/IMG_0913.jpg
View Quote

You do realize the that surface has nothing to do with the trigger pull.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have a NM and a varmint, I have been happy with both.  Usually carry a bad name due to a run of bad triggers several years ago, this is not the case anymore.  They can be found for around $70 and are a hell of a deal.  If you have any issues, RRA will sort you out without a problem.
View Quote

This. I have two as well and they are older models, never had an issue but they did have a bad run and those were flat out shit- they broke and I actually have seen two that did. Can't comment on the most recent versions.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If I understand correctly on how the RRA 2 stage works, this surface does not come in to contact with the hammer like in a standard mil-spec trigger.
All of the sear surfaces are on top of the trigger mechanism and on the funny shaped spur under the hammer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
eye.

You are correct.  It just shows how some people will make a big deal about something when they have little understanding of how it works, or what's important.  The tail of the hammer hits the springloaded disconnector, and this causes the second stage "break", where the hammer slips off the trigger's ground surface with very minimal movement, or "creep".

On other triggers that use a similar release style, they use this part to catch the hammer in the case the hammer ever slips off the trigger hook without the trigger being pulled.

See how rounded this part often is in this picture.  Complaining about this not being ground flat would be a waste of time - it has nothing to do with the trigger.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I have 1000's of rounds on my National match.  Not my favorite trigger, my Geisselle SSA-E is my favorite trigger.

But that RRA NM is very serviceable good trigger.  It lasted longer than the stainless barrel in the gun.  So while I am sure many people have RRA hate, I won't hate on them.  I give them bang for buck points especially with the varminter.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#22]
yep.  lots of love.  I have a few installed and BTW, Fulton Armory uses them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I purchased a RRA AR15 8 years ago, it came with the 2 stage trigger.
Very happy with it, small amount creep that you can feel, hold at that point, squeeze and it goes bang.

I used the same with my 300 blk pistol build and very satisfied

Last summer RRA had them on sale for $62 each, I ordered 2 for future builds
Current price is $120 each

For my 308 build I got the LaRue trigger
Yes it is a much better trigger and I payed full price as there was not a discount at that time
10x times better than the RRA

Thinking of selling the 2 RRA on EE and getting 2 of the LaRue at the lower price

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I have about three dozen of them.  None have ever failed or let me down in any way.  I had one that was bad out of the bag but RRA replaced it within a few days.  No complaints here!
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:49:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Not the most consistent and the reset is long, but so much better than a GI.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:28:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You are correct.  It just shows how some people will make a big deal about something when they have little understanding of how it works, or what's important.

See how rounded this part often is in this picture.  Complaining about this not being ground flat would be a waste of time - it has nothing to do with the trigger.

http://www.primaryarms.com/SSP%20Applications/NetSuite%20Inc.%20-%20SCA%20Mont%20Blanc/Development/img/AR0093NMK_0.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
eye.

You are correct.  It just shows how some people will make a big deal about something when they have little understanding of how it works, or what's important.

http://www.primaryarms.com/SSP%20Applications/NetSuite%20Inc.%20-%20SCA%20Mont%20Blanc/Development/img/AR0093NMK_0.jpg

Obviously I misinterpreted the way the 2 stage trigger works.
My apologies to all and thank you for the correction.
However, I still have the problem with this trigger. The pull to break is
over 10 pounds.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Now that you have me educated, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#28]
If the weight is too heavy, its out of spec and a bad trigger.  These are set and designed around 4.5 lbs where the hammer tail hits the springloaded disconnector.  The spring weight controls that, sounds like it is just out of spec.  

It happens.  I got a defective geissele trigger out of the box once.  I imagine its pretty rare.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top