Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2016 8:55:51 PM EDT
Where is the best place to buy small parts that doesn't charge ridiculous shipping?  I need some spare ejector roll pins as I messed one up after checking headspace, and everyone seems to be charging around $8-10 to ship a .50 part.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried a hardware store.
The pin is 1/16 inch in diameter and 7/16 inch in length.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#2]
White Oak Armament has cheap shipping.  Not sure if they sell what you're looking for though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
White Oak Armament has cheap shipping.  Not sure if they sell what you're looking for though.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Where is the best place to buy small parts that doesn't charge ridiculous shipping?  I need some spare ejector roll pins as I messed one up after checking headspace, and everyone seems to be charging around $8-10 to ship a .50 part.
View Quote

Rock River Arms has what you need.  $0.50 for the roll pin and they ship USPS and charge actual POSTAGE costs.  I have waited a week or two for a small envelope of parts to arrive - but worth it considering the alternative - HIGH SHIPPING COSTS.

One other thing - since they charge actual postage - you won't know the final order total until after it ships.  But don't worry because it is inexpensive.

PS - buy some gas rings and an extractor why you're there.  

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

^^^^^

This, just drive to the hardware store and pick up what you need.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

^^^^^

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^^^^

x3

And for the price of a stamp you can buy a couple more to mess up or lose too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Sign up for Brownells Edge program.  The cost is $49 you receive free shipping for a calendar year (among other benefits) at $8 minimum shipping charge I come out WAY ahead over the course of a year. I place an order with them every couple of weeks, but It only takes one order every two months to break even.

Also I do not find myself ordering stuff that I do not really need, just to bump an order up to a certain amount just to receive free shipping.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know what hardware stores you folks have, but I couldn't find the part at Aces, Lowes, or Home Depot.  Too small.  Anyway, thanks for the links.  I have 10 on the way.  Hopefully that will last me forever.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:02:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Store appears to be down this morning, but from what I recall, The Citizens Armory had very fair shipping prices on small parts.

http://www.thecitizensarmory.com
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't know what hardware stores you folks have, but I couldn't find the part at Aces, Lowes, or Home Depot.  Too small.  Anyway, thanks for the links.  I have 10 on the way.  Hopefully that will last me forever.
View Quote

Ace and True Value both carry roll pins, in their nuts and bolt section, just bought some the other day.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top