Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2016 5:34:35 PM EDT
I was working on a new build and after installing the barrel, noticed the fsb was canted. I initially thought the fsb was canted during installation on the barrel. Upon further inspection I found the index slot in the upper receiver was machined wrong. Has anyone else ever seen this before?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Never seen it myself but have heard of it.

One remedy is to adjust how the barrel index pin "clocks" in the receiver by filing one side of the notch in the upper and shimming the opposing side with small pieces of layered sheet metal.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I just shipped the upper back, hopefully they will make it right.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I received a premium barrel assembly from a well-known sponsor here and it was canted to the left. After a painful 2-3+ weeks, I had to cancel my order.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I hope they make it right, if not they won't be getting any more of my money. I always like to give a company a chance to make it right, these parts are man made. You will have some defects in the manufacturing process, the problem is there QC department didn't catch the defect. Lots of companies have  QC but it sucks, they are of the theory that it is cheaper just to ship out another part.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top