Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2016 11:04:02 PM EDT
When cutting my 80% lower, didn't get enough off of the right side. Mostly because of me standing on one side running the milling table and my cousin on the other side trying to keep the klutz from fuxxoring the jig&bit. Currently, got the lower at the desk and slowly taking down the side with a file, file some, test for fit, file some more, test again, <repeat>. I know that'll work. Not worried about the hammer since there is enough clearance about the bottom but the area where the trigger fits may present challenges to reach and file down. Got a Dremel tool but don't have a Form 1 to covert it to a DD so it can be used on a firearm.

Is there a file on a handle similar in nature to this barrel channel inletting tool where there is a small file on a handle to clean up the bottom where the trigger fits?

Do appreciate any leads on this.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:34:42 PM EDT
[#1]
You want what is known as a "riffler".  These are essentially bent and/or curved files used heavily by mold makers.

But to be honest, it'd be a lot less work and more accurate to just put it back in the fixture and touch things up in the mill.  You already know just what you need to do...

- Chris
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Just use carbide bits in your dremel.  You can get this set off eBay for $11 bucks.  I wouldn't do an 80% without em.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You want what is known as a "riffler".  These are essentially bent and/or curved files used heavily by mold makers.

But to be honest, it'd be a lot less work and more accurate to just put it back in the fixture and touch things up in the mill.  You already know just what you need to do...

- Chris
View Quote

This! - But I'm not sure where the best source is to buy Rifflers these days. I used to get promo sets when at Westec or IMTS tool shows so I had not needed to buy any for the last 25 years or so.

Try these. Cheap Rifflers at MSC
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Do appreciate the info!!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top