Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2016 5:00:38 AM EDT
http://www.primaryarms.com/am-10-08-m16-nit/p/am-10-08-m16-nit/

I am looking to buy a spare BCG, this caught my eye, especially as PSA has not had any of their Premium Blems online in awhile, which I've heard a lot of good things about.

My current BCG is also an $89 Nitride special (from Blitzkrieg tactical) which has worked well. I know this Anderson one has 9310 bolt which will turn some people off but I am not taking this thing to war.

Anyone have any experience on this?

Odd that PSA has a NON-nitride Anderson BCG for $10 MORE, which seems odd to me but maybe its just marketing.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 8:20:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag for info. Ordered an Anderson phosphate bcg from JoeBob's for a friend's franken-AR and got the nitride instead. No big deal, I'm a fan of nitride bcg's (especially AIM's v2) but I would like to get a feel for the quality/durability of this bcg (reviews I can find are good).
Tomac
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I have AIM BCGs in 6 rifles. 4 of them are Nitride BCGs.

The one I shoot the most has an AIM nitride BCG. It is a suppressed gun. It has approx. 3000 rounds on it. No issues and it cleans pretty easy.

9310 is fine for bolts. C158 is a proprietary alloy made by Carpenter steel. Plenty of other alloys that are as good or better than C158.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#3]
These are excellent BCG's, I've got three, run smooth as butter, much prefer them to the PSA Premium BCG.  I bought a couple of the V2 version from Tom's Tactical and they are even nicer (Tom's Tactical Nitride BCG V2). 9310 is actually harder than C158
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry do you mean you have the Anderson nitride specifically or just "3 nitride bcgs in general"?

Thanks

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These are excellent BCG's, I've got three, run smooth as butter, much prefer them to the PSA Premium BCG.  I bought a couple of the V2 version from Tom's Tactical and they are even nicer (Tom's Tactical Nitride BCG V2). 9310 is actually harder than C158
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got 3 Anderson Nitride, and then I've also got two of the Tom's Tactical Nitride V2 BCG's, all are excellent
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, I received mine a little over a week ago. Haven't used it yet, but it appears gtg (no obvious issues upon physical inspection).
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://www.primaryarms.com/am-10-08-m16-nit/p/am-10-08-m16-nit/

I am looking to buy a spare BCG, this caught my eye, especially as PSA has not had any of their Premium Blems online in awhile, which I've heard a lot of good things about.

My current BCG is also an $89 Nitride special (from Blitzkrieg tactical) which has worked well. I know this Anderson one has 9310 bolt which will turn some people off but I am not taking this thing to war.

Anyone have any experience on this?

Odd that PSA has a NON-nitride Anderson BCG for $10 MORE, which seems odd to me but maybe its just marketing.

Thanks
View Quote

Anderson is a good company, I trust there products will be
of good quality. I just bought one of their Nitride BCGs along with their Buffer kit.
Should be here in a few days.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#9]
WC armory has nitride Toolcraft for $90..that's what you want.

I've also had 4+ AIM bolts..they work too. My NiB one flaked.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#10]
After having personally seen pallets of bad BCG's and their components at one of Anderson's suppliers in Wisconsin, I would choose something else.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:37:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After having personally seen pallets of bad BCG's and their components at one of Anderson's suppliers in Wisconsin, I would choose something else.
View Quote

That's not cool.. I just bought one. Looks great. Will try it next week end in a new build.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a couple and they are just fine. Mistakes happen with a lot of companies, as long as they stand behind their stuff and make it right. The lowers and other parts I have assembled from them have been good too, for a regular no bells and whistles AR
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top