Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2016 2:20:29 PM EDT
Don't tell me "Just get X"- these are three options and the build is not mine.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]
No preference they're all "same-same only different", go with the roll mark you like more.  Dead serious.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Mostly I have gone with Spikes due to price. I bought several in bulk and saved a fair bit of money. LPKs from PSA, DD, and others have fit perfectly.

ATW!
-Fox
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I highly recommend Mega...for 110 bucks a great option.  I also very much like the quality of my Spikes and Aero.

that said i have had no issue at all with loweres from... PSA, Stag, Aero, Mega, Anderson, Bushmaster, Spikes...prob a couple others im forgetting

I would be more worried about the Barrel
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Whatever logo you like better
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No preference they're all "same-same only different", go with the roll mark you like more.  Dead serious.  
View Quote

I second this
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This pretty much sums it up...

I like Spike's for looks but many people have said the tolerances of quality stripped lowers are very close these days... That being said I don't own a Spike's lower...
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

I use Stag because I bought several in 2007.
Don't know anything about Spike's.
CMMG pissed me off several years ago.  Won't buy their stuff.  Don't ask.  Not derailing the thread.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#8]
If you really want to be cool buy local.

Here in Phoenix we have several that machine in house.

Quentin Defense
San Tan Tactical
Sun Devil MFG
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Apparently there is an issue with ets mags in spikes lowers. I purchased both and the ets mags wouldn't seat in my new spikes lower.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I use Spikes Tactical and JD Machine (local San Diego). I have a CMMG that I gave to my son and never had a problem with it. My wife's CMMG lower is still going strong with no issues.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I currently have a Colt, two Spike's and an 80%. I've owned several others including Sikes and PSA. They all look good and work as designed. (Don't look at the inside of my 80% LOL!)
MYou current favorite though is the Spike's Crusader. I like the look and the integral trigger guard. It's available for under $90 and gives the look of Billet ,  at that price it's hard to beat.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:12:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Spikes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Between those 3 whatever rollmark you prefer, and if anyone has Crusaders in stock, please tell me where!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Not knocking the others, but CMMG is my preference of the ones you named.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Between those 3 whatever rollmark you prefer, and if anyone has Crusaders in stock, please tell me where!!!
View Quote

Ditto!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#16]
All three names you mention sell in-spec lowers.  That's really, REALLY all there is to it.

Nobody's forged lower is going to be substantially "better" than anyone else's in terms of building a solid, functional gun.  Some have "nicer" finishes, others have cooler markings, but if it's in-spec, it will work.  As long as you do YOUR part in building it, of course!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Stag - Pedigree
CMMG - Have some of their parts
Spikes - Don't like the logos (also a "me too" thing)
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:25:59 AM EDT
[#18]
I have Mega (really nice anodization, very tight tolerances that will result in your chipping the coating around the trigger ears, guaranteed), Aero Precision, Spikes and Anderson lowers.
Honestly at this point, any of them will do.
If you're very picky, go with Aero Precision.
If you're cheap, go with Anderson.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:37:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top