Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2016 1:30:53 PM EDT
I'm finally getting the last of the parts in that I had on my lists for multiple build I had been planning.  I already bought 2 more lowers.  I wanted this to be a very nice three gun type rifle with high end parts, I think I accomplished it.  Was just waiting on the Syrac Adjustable block to finish her off.  Just delivered yesterday.  More photos to follow once I start working on it tonight.  

Build List:

Noveske Gen III Matched Set Lower
Geissele SD-E SD-3
VSeven Lightweight Receiver Extension
VSeven Ambi 3 Gun Selector
Vseven Titantium End Plate and Castle Nut
Executive Ordnance Grip with G10 Panels
Seekins Bolt Catch
Forward Controls Mag Release Button
JP Captured Buffer
BCM Mod 0 Stock
CMMG Builders Lower Build kit for various springs and detents

Noveske Matched Upper
VSeven Dust Cover
Forward Controls Low Drag Forward Assist
Wilson Combat SS 16" Fluted Recon Tactical Barrel
Syrac Gen 2 Gas block
SLR 15" Helix Handguard
JP Stainless Compensator
POF Tomahawk Charging Handle
Sharps Rifle Company BCG JP LMOS

Noveske ADM QD Scope Mount
Vortex Razor 1-6 HD 2
Magpul Pro offset BUIS

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
tagged, since I will start mine shortly
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:28:56 PM EDT
[#2]
This build looks amazing. Can't wait to see it put together and finished.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:57:58 PM EDT
[#3]
why not a noveske barrel if you don't mind me asking? My noveske barrels are the best shooters I have.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This build looks amazing. Can't wait to see it put together and finished.
View Quote

Thank you... It shouldn't be long.  Lower is completed.  Tonight I just have to put the barrel and rail on.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
why not a noveske barrel if you don't mind me asking? My noveske barrels are the best shooters I have.
View Quote

I guess Its the same reason I am putting a 16.7 NSR on a CMT Tactical Build I have going right now instead of on this build.  Which is???? No Particular reason.  I actually ordered a matched set of WC Receivers, Maybe I'll do a Noveske on that one.    Part of it was I didn't want a bead blasted barrel on this one, the SLR Helix Rail shows a lot of the barrel so I thought it would showcase a shiny-fluted barrel.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Completed Build

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#8]
NICE build!! How do you like that executive ordinance grip
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:17:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Addiction? When you get to 15 builds then we will see you at the Wednesday night meetings .
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Addiction? When you get to 15 builds then we will see you at the Wednesday night meetings .
View Quote

No shit...

...keep it up OP
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Such a sweet build, glad to see it all together!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:11:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wish I'd stopped at that number.

Cool gun OP.  You'll like the Razor if you haven't already shot with one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#13]
That grip....im drooling like an Autobot....

Sweet rig my man. I was thinking about a wilson combat barrel based build myself but with lighter weight furniture like a balios receiver set and bcm hg. Definitely let us know how this shoots. Should be submoa all day.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#14]

it is fairly light.  Of course the Razor needs to go on a diet, but its soooo awesome.  The SLR Helix rail is pretty darn light There just isnt much to it..  I'm sure once i get it to the range and get the Syrac Dialed in it will shoot as sweet as they come. As far as addiction, this is # 4 this year, with another one at Mad Custom Coating getting Cerekote before i put it together. All of those parts are waiting in the safe.

The Executive Ordnance G10 Grip feels like $1M .  awesome
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Beautiful Build!
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice build also using the Wilson Combat Recon 16" 1/8 twist but with no fluting. It's by far the most accurate barrel out of all of my rifles and it's machining fit and finish is superb. I'll post my 5 shot group if I can still find the picture of the target. I don't give a shit about the MOA all day challenge so don't call me out  but I garuntee you guys will love your accuracy. Usually mine hovers around 5/8" five shot 100yards with Nosler 55gr bullets.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Found the first day at the range with the Wilson Combat barrel, so this should give you happiness that your barrel will be a tack driver.

This is all with Ultramax Remanufactured 55gr Nosler orange tipped varmint loads, rra 2 stage, Vortex 1-4 Viper PST. Never have tried any sierra matchkings or match loads in it for accuracy so I just stuck with the Nosler for groundhog slaying.

This was from it just plugging a way at the target.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#18]
First off, beautiful build with a helluva sweet selection of parts. I'm putting a Sharps Reliabolt BC in a build I'm doing as well, did it give you any problems?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#19]
That handguard ain't my speed, but man it looks LIGHT.

I bet the balance would be awesome if you put a heavier stock on, ie a UBR.

Looks like you spared no expense for what you wanted.

Great looking rifle!
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:12:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That handguard ain't my speed, but man it looks LIGHT.

I bet the balance would be awesome if you put a heavier stock on, ie a UBR.

Looks like you spared no expense for what you wanted.

Great looking rifle!
View Quote

Thanks for the complement.  Balance is actually exceptional, it points extremely naturally.  The rail is light.  I wish I would have weighed it, has to be up there close to the other extremely light rails.  I think the combo of heavier barrel and light hand-guard work well with the BCM Stock.  The only thing that is noticeable weight-wise is the Razor.  But the glass is so SWEET, for me, its worth the weight penalty.  I bet, I'd have to double the price to get the quality in a lighter package.  Thinking Kahles, or similar.   The hand-guard lets me see that beautiful Wilson Fluted Barrel.  It wasn't meant to be a tactical build so I didn't need all the slots.  The only thing left is a set of BoBro back ups, but I cant find them anywhere.  I may not go with any BUIS, but I think out of all of my rifles, they BoBros work best on this one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I was finally able to put some rounds through Blue last night at my farm.  To dark to do any accuracy test, but I was able to get the Syrac Gas block on point.  The combination of the JP Brake, Syrac gas block tuned to my load (62gr. green tips) and the JP captured buffer made this the softest AR I have ever shot, and possible the softest rifle period.  It simply did not move.  If you didnt hear the loud blast from the JP Break, you would not know the rifle was even fired looking through the optic.  My two buddies were with me, and they couldnt believe it when they shot it.  I wish I could let all of you shoot it to see for yourself.  So, not only does it look awesome it feels high end too.  Now just need to see how accurate she is...

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
First off, beautiful build with a helluva sweet selection of parts. I'm putting a Sharps Reliabolt BC in a build I'm doing as well, did it give you any problems?
View Quote

I took my rifle out again last night,  I forgot to mention that the the first night I got when I got the Syrac dialed in, Sharps BCG was very tight in the receiver, It didnt fully chamber the rounds.  I looked at it, and at first I thought the bolt was off size.  It just wouldnt go into the chamber.  No big deal, I just switched to a MIL-spec BCG I had with me.  
So when I was cleaning it the other night, I looked closer.  When I had the bolt out, it went right into the chamber.  It wasn't the bolt at all.  For some reason the tolerance stacking on this Noveske Gen# upper and the Sharps Carrier caused a problem and the bolt was down just a smidgen and therefore would not engage the chamber.  I tried the Sharps in 3 other rifles with no problems at all.  No other BCGs had an issue in the Noveske.  

I just had to mix it up.  I emailed both manufacturers to make them aware.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Last night, I went shooting to zero the scope.  I didn't have any bags, or a bi-pod, so I was just shooting off-hand.  I was getting about a 1 1/2" to 2" groups at 100 yards shooting off hand and got it pretty close to dialed in.   I need to get it on my lead sled to get it really dialed in (I just forgot to bring it), along with tacks for my paper targets...  I still cannot believe what a dream this is to shoot.  It just feels right, with the EO Grip and BCM stock.  The Viper GenII HD is amazing.  It was dusk by the end of my session, and the scope uses every bit of light that is available.

I put 45degree Magpul Pros on it while I am waiting to find some BoBros.  

I also have a SD3 that I am going to use in this instead of the SDE to see if I like it.  That will be changed this week.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Here are some pics with the new JP LMOS BCG and Magpul Pro offest BUIS.  Also changed the SDE to the SD3 to see which one I like on here best.  I'll probably only run the Magpul 45's until I locate some BoBro BUIS.  The one by the charging handle is crowded... Or Maybe I'll run the Razor Red dot on a 45...

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top