Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2016 7:35:09 AM EDT
Looking to buy another 10-12 80% lowers.  Standard forged anodized lowers.  Nothing special.  I wouldn't mind the built in trigger guards, but it's not required.  The best prices I can find (in stock) are all around $60 each even with quantity discounts.  

So, anyone have a preferred source?  Hopefully one thst beats $60ea.

ETA:
Tactical Machining - OOS
Daytona Tactical - 5 pks OOS, singles $60

Best so far:
Thunder Guns - two 5 pks,  $270 + $270 + $25 s&h

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:15:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking to buy another 10-12 80% lowers.  Standard forged anodized lowers.  Nothing special.  I wouldn't mind the built in trigger guards, but it's not required.  The best prices I can find (in stock) are all around $60 each even with quantity discounts.  

View Quote

Daytona Tactical
tactical machining
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:32:36 AM EDT
[#2]
The cheapest I can find is Thunder Guns. 5 pack for $270 ($54 each)

I ordered one of these just to be curious and the finish was not very good. I've seen better anodizing, and I have not cut it so I can't comment on tolerances, etc...

Daytona Tactical has them for $60 each. $80 each for built-in trigger guards.

Most of my other usual sources are out of anodized and only have raw.

Forsaken Tactical has 6061 billet anodized lowers for $60 each.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:30:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have Cerro 80's in stock for $49.99    RightToBear.com
View Quote

Came to post this!
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

Tactical Machining - OOS

Best so far:

I checked your site and saw those. OP is looking for anodized. Any word on when anodized will be back in stock?

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Have you checked 80-lower.com?

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Site says 4-5 week lead time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah they are a small outfit and not easy to get ahold of. Decent dudes but a bit overstretched if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

ETA:
Tactical Machining - OOS

Best so far:
View Quote

Forsaken Tactical's billet with the built in triggerguard are $60 for the anodized ones.  Doesn't beat the price but matches it with a bonus feature...  Dunno what their current availability and delivery times are though, you'd have to check.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:05:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Forsaken Tactical's billet with the built in triggerguard are $60 for the anodized ones.  Doesn't beat the price but matches it with a bonus feature...  Dunno what their current availability and delivery times are though, you'd have to check.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

Tactical Machining - OOS

Best so far:

I cut one of Forsaken's raw billet lowers over the weekend. Turned out great. Upper to lower fit with a standard forged upper is superb. No air gaps and front and rear pins slide in like butter. I'm very happy.

Kids were playing in the garage again.....

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like these guys have some in stock.

https://www.ar-15lowerreceivers.com/80-lower-receivers/

Tactical Shit has raw lowers for $49.95

http://shop.tacticalshit.com/gun-parts/rifle-lower-parts/80-lowers/ts-forged-milspec-80-lower

Looks like about $60 bucks for an anodized is about as cheap as you are going to find them right now.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Looks like these guys have some in stock.

https://www.ar-15lowerreceivers.com/80-lower-receivers/

Tactical Shit has raw lowers for $49.95

http://shop.tacticalshit.com/gun-parts/rifle-lower-parts/80-lowers/ts-forged-milspec-80-lower

Looks like about $60 bucks for an anodized is about as cheap as you are going to find them right now.
View Quote
It looks like ar-15lowerreceiver.com and 80-lower.com are the same folks.

The Tactical Sh.t lowers are blems. (which does not matter to me, I've bought a few gun parts that were blems and it was difficult to find anything wrong with them)

The best in-stock raw blem deal on the net right now is Tactical Machining. 39$!

http://www.tacticalmachining.com/80-products/blemished-80-ar-15-lower.html

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I cut one of Forsaken's raw billet lowers over the weekend. Turned out great. Upper to lower fit with a standard forged upper is superb. No air gaps and front and rear pins slide in like butter. I'm very happy.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j69/maximusscriptorius/2E185929-D4FA-4B67-ADFE-2EA92FFE7536_zpsa6yyvfr6.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j69/maximusscriptorius/2E185929-D4FA-4B67-ADFE-2EA92FFE7536_zpsa6yyvfr6.jpg

Looks pretty good!  Which jig did you use?

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

80% Arms HD Jig
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Did you find what you wanted in your price range yet?

I found these while googling something else. ($54.99 each)

http://ktksales.com/products/10-pack-anderson-80-lower

It says OOS for the 10 pack but he still has singles.

http://ktksales.com/products/anderson-80-lower

That either means he has less than 10 left or his stock is low and he does not want to part with 10 at a time?!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sorta, I bought 5 from these guys

Quoted:

But only 5, at $60ea and 4-5 week wait.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 9:16:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Forgot to post a follow up.  The lowers came in.  A little less than the 4-6 weeks too.  I have yet to cut any, but on a visual inspection they look good.  Consistent color in the anodizing and no tool marks or any burrs.  StI'll looking for 10 packs or so around the $45/ea mark but so far no luck.  

Also as it goes, I'm in need of a few more 308 80%'ers.  Maybe a new thread for 80% 308 lower sources.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:55:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Forgot to post a follow up.  The lowers came in.  A little less than the 4-6 weeks too.  I have yet to cut any, but on a visual inspection they look good.  Consistent color in the anodizing and no tool marks or any burrs.  StI'll looking for 10 packs or so around the $45/ea mark but so far no luck.  

Also as it goes, I'm in need of a few more 308 80%'ers.  Maybe a new thread for 80% 308 lower sources.
View Quote
I did some googling/checked my regular sources again. No 10 packs.

I've been picking them up here and there. It costs a bit more for shipping this way but spreads the cost around and it's nice to have a selection of different brands/styles on hand.

The ones I got from DS Arms for $45 each are pretty sweet. Not anodized and limit of 3 per order though.

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 12:21:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bought a 5 pack from them and milled them using a Modulas HD jig.  One turned out good but the other 4 had the safety detent holes off center.  This causes the safety selector to not point exactly at FIRE and SAFE.  I would stay away from them.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I bought a 5 pack from them and milled them using a Modulas HD jig.  One turned out good but the other 4 had the safety detent holes off center.  This causes the safety selector to not point exactly at FIRE and SAFE.  I would stay away from them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have purchased probably close to 60 80% lowers at this point.  I can tell you with complete confidence that this can happen with any vendor you buy from.  My best guess is that they occasionally get a bad batch/lot because I have had ordered from some of the most respected vendors multiple times and I've had a few of theirs have this issue.  

If you raise a stink about it they might refund you, ship you a new lower, or tell you it's cosmetic and doesn't affect the functioning of the lower.  YMMV of course.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

The blank (80% lower)  is just a blank that you drill a hole though...at least for the trigger/hammer/safety after you've milled out the FC pocket.  Since you're using the Modulus jig then for this to happen and it be an issue with the lower, there would have to be a serious problem with the dimensional QC of the entire lower since -unlike other jigs- it's referenced by the buffer tube and pivot pin.  Not Good.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The blank (80% lower)  is just a blank that you drill a hole though...at least for the trigger/hammer/safety after you've milled out the FC pocket.  Since you're using the Modulus jig then for this to happen and it be an issue with the lower, there would have to be a serious problem with the dimensional QC of the entire lower since -unlike other jigs- it's referenced by the buffer tube and pivot pin.  Not Good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

He is referring to the selector DETENT pin hole, which is already drilled in an 80% lower.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

He is referring to the selector DETENT pin hole, which is already drilled in an 80% lower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a few 80% lowers like this. It doesn't bother me one bit. They still function perfectly.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#24]
$45 and in stock.

Link
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top