Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2016 6:27:48 PM EDT
I've settled on building on an Aero Precision lower.  My thinking is that if I purchase an upper/lower set, there is a better chance the finish matches.  Thoughts?

With that said, who has the combo sets in stock at a competitive price (including shipping costs)?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The only place I have been able to find Aero lowers is at DOA Arms which they are an industry partner here.  The did have the upper and lower combo sets a few days ago but seem to be sold out now.  Just checked and they have 18 lowers in stock right now.  Buy what you want because I ordered my two yesterday  
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess no one else carries the upper/lower set?  Can save some money buying the set versus individually.......and maybe the anodizing color match might be better (not sure).
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]
http://shop.doasales.net
I have used for lowers only , never a problem. They are local to me.

Even if you get a matched set from the same dealer the components are not finished together.  They may not be an exact match.

Good luck
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought an Aero lower from an individual, and a stripped upper from DOA. The finish matched on them - maybe I got lucky.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I have bought several uppers / lowers individually from aero and the finishes have always matched. Last one I bought was a "matched set" and honestly I don't see a must to buy them as a matched set. Fit and finish where no better or worse as buying them separate.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I just finished putting together an Aero gun. (Posted pics in another thread,  "Finally Finished"). The lower and upper were bought seperately and the fit and finish are supurb. All of my Aero uppers and lowers were bought seperately with the exception of one matched set I bought directly from Aero. In fact all but one of my Aero receivers were bought directly from them. They go back into stock regularly so use the notify service on their webpage. I did buy one lower from Primary Arms which is just down the road from my office. Paying taxes is a nice trade off for saving shipping and transfer fees. : ).   They carry quite a few Aero products and keep a good stock. Also they have an excellent reputation as you will note from this board and others. I wouldn't worry about the matching no matter how you buy them. I have never noticed any concerns. Aero is a top notch company.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top