Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/27/2016 2:15:04 PM EDT
Bought a barreled upper and complete lower from PSA. But since I didn't buy it off the shelve figured I'd post it here. But I did just purchase my BCG. Went with the AIM Surplus. Next up is iron sights and Raptor CH. Then I want to change out the muzzle device to a JP Beenie Cooley, Fortis RED or Lantac Dragon. Should have bought the Lantac this weekend when Primary Arms had them for less than $90 shipped. I am always open to suggestions to parts.

I also am changing out the stock and grip. Mainly because I prefer FDE. But I also like the CTR a lot better and the K2 grip but am considering the BCM.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Going thru and making sure everything is tight. Figured I'd snap a picture of the barrel. Pretty impressed with the quality of this barreled upper.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Received my BCG today. Wow is it nice. Especially for the money.  Super slick to the touch and not one machine mark. Cannot wait to try it out.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:42:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice rifle. Are you going to run a optic along with the iron sights?
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 7:45:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bought a barreled upper and complete lower from PSA. But since I didn't buy it off the shelve figured I'd post it here. But I did just purchase my BCG. Went with the AIM Surplus. Next up is iron sights and Raptor CH. Then I want to change out the muzzle device to a JP Beenie Cooley, Fortis RED or Lantac Dragon. Should have bought the Lantac this weekend when Primary Arms had them for less than $90 shipped. I am always open to suggestions to parts.

I also am changing out the stock and grip. Mainly because I prefer FDE. But I also like the CTR a lot better and the K2 grip but am considering the BCM.
<a href="http://s158.photobucket.com/user/bsmith_022/media/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_07-14-08.36.12_zpsrjjcjito.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t85/bsmith_022/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_07-14-08.36.12_zpsrjjcjito.jpg</a>
View Quote

Bought a complete upper and lower? You did not build anything.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree that you didnt build anything.  One of the points of building from scratch is that you dont have to change things out and pay for them twice...  

For a build you start out like this...  

and this...

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#6]
That was in there but I guess I deleted that sentence when I edited it. My mistake. Did not think the butt hurt was so literal. I agree I didn't build it but I did purchase all the other parts. That counts for something right lol? Would you both feel better if I edited it again and added that sentence back?
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Does it help my cause if I built this lower from scratch last year?
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice rifle. Are you going to run a optic along with the iron sights?
View Quote

Thank you. Plan on using magpul back up sights for the time being. Have always used red dots on my AR but will probably run a scope on this one. Considered the Primary Arms ACSS or anything Vortex.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:32:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm just giving you trouble.  It is all about the enjoyment of knowing you didnt go into a store and buy a rifle.  It just seems that the thread is for more scratch rifles, but who am I to say?  To me, it doesnt make sense to change a whole bunch of parts out, but hey.  I am sure you got a heck of a deal, and it was a cost vs time thing.  For me, when I assembled the first one from scratch barrel, gas block etc...  I really learned alot about how these operate.  

Nice rifle, I am sure you will enjoy it, and it wont be your last.  Now finish up that lower you built so you can have a proper AR in here.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm just giving you trouble.  It is all about the enjoyment of knowing you didnt go into a store and buy a rifle.  It just seems that the thread is for more scratch rifles, but who am I to say?  To me, it doesnt make sense to change a whole bunch of parts out, but hey.  I am sure you got a heck of a deal, and it was a cost vs time thing.  For me, when I assembled the first one from scratch barrel, gas block etc...  I really learned alot about how these operate.  

Nice rifle, I am sure you will enjoy it, and it wont be your last.  Now finish up that lower you built so you can have a proper AR in here.
View Quote

It's all good buddy. I don't take anything on forums too seriously lol. I agree this is section is more of a scratch build section but didn't seem sitting to put in the discussion either. So I went with what I thought was the lesser of two evils. That is honestly the main reason why I went this route. They were on sale and with all the junk going on and coming up.... In November.... I wanted to make sure I had another rifle. I plan to build a pistol after this and as of right now it will be from scratch which is what I had planned for that other lower I posted. Never got around to it though.

Thanks buddy I appreciate it. Hopefully I will have this one operating operationally very soon so I can operate.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top