Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/24/2016 10:20:17 PM EDT
I'm a major noobie to the AR platform.  Planning my first build and considering a LaRue Tactical Stealth barrel.  16" 5.56 w/M4 feed ramps. BCM Upper, Stag Arms lower.  Anything I should be aware of or any surprises I've overlooked?  There is a lot of options out there to choose from. Lol  
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:46:50 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you planning on using the rifle for?  Are you going to be carrying it a lot or sitting in one spot? If you are going to be carrying it a lot, you might want to look at the lighter PredatAR barrel
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably carrying it more so than sitting still.  How much weight difference is there?  I'll look into it.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I have both. The PredatAR is lighter but I don't mind the heft of the Stealth.

The Stealth is an HBAR design and is tack driver accurate. You will not be disappointed.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Do yourself a favor if you get a LaRue barrel. Buy the gas block at the same time to save on shipping.

I'm sure other gas blocks will work with, and maybe even without, modifications.

But LaRue barrels have the dimples already machined for their gas blocks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#5]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/696896_Barrels__LaRue_vs_Krieger.html

I ordered a 20" stealth for my current project.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I also have both,predatar is quite a bit lighter than stealth,but I used a lighter handguard on  a later stealth bud,you can't go wrong with either,also buy there gasblock
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I also have both,predatar is quite a bit lighter than stealth,but I used a lighter handguard on  a later stealth bud,you can't go wrong with either,also buy there gasblock
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do yourself a favor if you get a LaRue barrel. Buy the gas block at the same time to save on shipping.

I'm sure other gas blocks will work with, and maybe even without, modifications.

View Quote

SLR makes a .750 and .625 gas block that works with the Larue .450 spacing and they are just about half the cost.  The Larue GB is stout and uses three set screws.  The SLR BG uses the two outermost set screw dimples.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:13:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks, I'll check it out
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top