Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2016 10:45:58 PM EDT
Was looking at Faxon barrels, because honestly I have seen a lot of good posts about them in the forums, but they don't offer the option on their .625" gas blocks to buy them installed with the barrel right now (says temporarily unavailable).

What other barrel would you recommend that offers this? I just like having it pinned and me not have to hassle with it.

Looking to stick at $200 if possible, but whatever is in stock and is high quality I am good to go with. 1-7 or 1-8 preferred.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out AIM Surplus.  They offer the Faxon barrels with pinned gas blocks.  The gas blocks aren't installed when you receive the barrel because you still need to be able to install your chosen barrel nut, but they are pre drilled for the pin and easy to install.  All you have to do is line up the hole, tap in the roll pin, and you're done.  Faxon barrels are nice.  I have the GUNNER profile and love it.  But they are popular and don't stay in stock for long.  Howeer, the SOCOM profile is in stock at AIM.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XFXB16MGB&name=FAXON+FIREARMS+SOCOM+16%22+5.56%2f.223+Caliber+4150+CMV+Steel+AR+Barrel&groupid=6477
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:00:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Good deal on the Faxon.

Here's a Ballistic Advantage option.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out AIM Surplus.  They offer the Faxon barres with pinned gas blocks.  The gas block aren't installed when you receive the barrel because you still need to be able to install your chosen barrel nut, but they are pre drilled for the pin and easy to install.
The SOCOM profile is in stock.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XFXB16MGB&name=FAXON+FIREARMS+SOCOM+16%22+5.56%2f.223+Caliber+4150+CMV+Steel+AR+Barrel&groupid=6477
View Quote

THIS.  I just bought a 14.5 gunner.  Pre cut with pin included ready to be installed.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:04:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you so much for the replies, I will be getting one of those. Thanks so much again
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Again for AIM Surplus and the Faxon barrels. I picked up a 16 In Pencil Barrel. It came with the gas block, but it was not pinned. I would think that you don't want it pinned because you wouldn't want to get the barrel nut passed the gas block. But the way that it is set up, it has the notch for pin in the barrel and makes it very easy to install the pin. Cant beat the price and quality of Faxon.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Another vote for the faxon barrel from AIM. I got the 14.5 pencil for a light weight build. Unfortunately, when I went to pin the gas block, the supplied pin was too small. I emailed AIM looking for the specs on the proper pin so I could buy one locally, and they shipped me a replacement with even asking! Awesome customer service from AIM!,,
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Aero Precision/Ballistic Advantage
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#9]
BallisticAdvantage and Faxon would be my choice
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top