Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/29/2016 5:42:23 PM EDT
Has anyone put together a build using one of these barrels? How do they compare to DD? Looking to put together a do-it-all, super reliable, high quality carbine. Lightweight isnt the main goal, but I'd like to shave weight wherever its easy, so this profile intrigued me.
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/barrel-parts/rifle-barrels/ar-15-enhanced-lightweight-barrel-assembly-kits-prod84917.aspx
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a complete recce BCM upper with the enhanced lightweight barrel and love it. looks awesome too. No issues.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 7:12:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Comparing 16" barrels, The "enhanced" saves one ounce over the plain ol' lightweight profile barrel, at 22oz vs 23oz. I guess that's "enhanced"?

Since you asked, the DD "lightweight" barrel is 2oz heavier, at 24oz.

That particular BCM barrel is not Hammer Forged, but they do make a version that is. AFAIK, DD are only CHF. That's your big difference outside of the weight.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#3]
The price appears to be enhanced
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top