Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2016 11:45:13 PM EDT

Before the magic happen....

I just did it in the back of my trailer.

To cool down the drill bits... very helpful

Lets the drilling begin
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:46:39 PM EDT
[#1]

More drilling!!

Done drilling. I drilled little too far!! you will see it in the next few pictures.

Got the plate on and ready to mill out the trigger pocket..

Started connecting the holes...

After few passes. Continue milling out the rest of the trigger pocket. Just follow the manual and you will be fine.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:46:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good. I have 2 80% lowers I need a jig. Just waiting for a good price on one.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Done milling the trigger pocket. As you can see I drilled little too far... (little dips).

Finished milling!!! Now I just have to drill the trigger hole...

Finished the trigger hole. I know I followed the jig but it looks deformed.. Oh well as long it works....

Drilled the holes and washed. Heres the finished product!!!!

I had fun doing this project. I can't wait to do another. The jig worked well. My next project is the 80% 308. I can't compare this jig with any other jigs because I don't have them. My opinion is this jig is well made.
What y'al think?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:50:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Fourth of July is coming up, hope theres some good sales!! i'm looking for 9.5 blackout barrel. Building a pistol with this lower....
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:50:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice - they are fun to build
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 2:29:34 AM EDT
[#6]
They are fun to build and you did just fine for your first one, but man, you guys need to figure out how to resize your images for the internet, none of your images loaded completely, every single one is broken!  Photobucket used to give you the option to downsize them to a more manageable size.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:41:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice job!  Welcome to the sickness.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:30:48 AM EDT
[#8]
As other have said that is a really good job for your first attempt. Only you will know what the inside looks like......
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I already have plans for it. Got single stage RR arms and fail zero BCG exo coated...Getting freakin excited!!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#10]
awesome!  and you did it on a hitch basket with a drill motor.  guess im gonna have to get one and try it.  thanks for sharing yours.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 11:20:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
awesome!  and you did it on a hitch basket with a drill motor.  guess im gonna have to get one and try it.  thanks for sharing yours.
View Quote

Thanks... It's was pretty easy. The only thing I regret is not getting a shop vac. Cleaning was a pain in a**.  308 is my next project...
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 12:03:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I can't even look at this thread anymore, the images are so fucking big, they won't load, as I said, you guys have to pay attention and get your pictures under control.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:31:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I can't even look at this thread anymore, the images are so fucking big, they won't load, as I said, you guys have to pay attention and get your pictures under control.
View Quote

You either need a different browser, or a different computer. This thread loads just fine in Safari from my iphone and my macbook.

Btw, nice job on milling out your lower OP.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Good job. I seem to always fuck up the trigger hole in some way, no matter how careful I am. Doesn't matter though, they still work, and it isn't very noticeable.

ETA: Install the pivot pin and test fit it on an upper with the takedown pin to make sure it fits with the upper before you install the lower part build kit. Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 1:23:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You either need a different browser, or a different computer. This thread loads just fine in Safari from my iphone and my macbook.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am running safari as well as firefox and palemoon, all three of them are having difficulty, you have to remember some of us still don't have 25 mps connections, even with DSL I run at about 1 mps.  I will keep the slow connections for the price of freedom in the NW woods of Montana over high speed in the cities of the US!  The computer is fine, nice high speed 32 gigs of memory, 2 terabyte drive SSD, quite fast, giant pictures just don't work, and they are really not needed on the internet, 72 dpi at 800 X 600 is the most you need for an internet image.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top