Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2016 11:35:44 PM EDT
Needed something to keep me busy so I thought I would build  my first Top of the Line AR.
I decided on Spike's Tactical Gen II Billet upper and lower receivers for starters. Not the cheapest
way to go but I like the Ambidextrous mag and carrier release along with the good looks and man are they a tight fit. To complete the
lower receiver I purchased a PSA  single-stage government-style fire control group with  finely polished contact
surfaces and a coated  hammer and trigger in a super slick nickel finish. The result is a trigger that is substantially smoother than mil-spec.
Next I Purchased a Magpul UBR stock for the lower and filled the tube with a spikes tactical ST-T2 heavy Buffer with a David Tubs 17-7ph
Flat wire buffer spring for durability. I finished the lower buy installing a Magpul MIAD grip with Magpul Core storage for an extra bolt and firing pin.
For the upper i purchased the SRC Balanced Bolt Carrier Group with the TP3 coating. For the Charging handle I installed the AXTS Raptor Ambidextrous
Charging handle.I purchased the Dolos Quick change Barrel assembly for easy break down but didn't like the gap between the Yankee hill 9635 rail I
purchased for the dolos system,so I decided to just use the YH 9635 and the supplied barrel nut for a nice clean rail system. I went with the YH 9635-DX
because of the dolos system but I actually prefer it over the Larger Spikes tactical Railed H.G.. I rounded out the top of the rails with Troy Front and Rear
folding battle sights. Still waiting for my Daniel Defense 16" S2W Barrel and to show up.I will top it off with a  adjustable gas Block, tube and Comp.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:00:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!!!        She's gonna be a heavy sumbitch tho
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 7:41:51 AM EDT
[#2]
No doubt!
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Received My Daniel Defense S2W 16" barrel. Now I'm waiting on my Rifleworks SLR Sentry 7 adjustable
gas block and tube. Hopefully next week.Will post photo's when it's all together..
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#4]
It looks nice. I really like the upper and lower receivers.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#6]
With DD S2W 16" Barrel now waiting for the Gas tube and Gas Block

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Had to order a Geissle Reaction Rod and YHM wrench to tighten the Barrel and forearm.
I can say the GRR is one fantastic tool that anyone who installs a barrel on their AR should own!
Will get the front end assembled soon!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top