Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/3/2016 10:53:30 AM EDT
Im just checking to see if I have missed any options. I want to be able to turn the gas completely off in the field without any tools

I have seen the Switchblock, the POF Dictator and the Govnah. Any insight on fitment with handguards, I planned on running a tube style like the hogue overmold.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:42:18 AM EDT
[#1]
As far as fit with the tube, I know that the Switchblock won't go underneath any tube that isn't extremely oversized.

I'm curious, though, why you list the POF DIctator, after saying that you want one that can be turned off without tools? If you're willing to use tools, Syrac claims theirs will go to complete shut-off, although I have never turned mine down that far to verify it. The very small diameter allen key can easily be cut down to minimal length and stored discretely on the weapon.

Otherwise, the Govnah looks like the only one that is both tool-less and will fit inside the tube. Personally, I would go with a 3 position for normal function, shut-off, and suppressed with gas function. That's just me, though.

There's also the W.A.R. upper from innovative Arms, which has the switch built into the receiver, if you aren't set with that part, yet.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
SLR Rifleworks Sentry adjustable gas blocks are good to go and low profile too. Available in all barrel profiles/diameters.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top