Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2016 4:38:38 AM EDT
Almost done wrapping up my light weight project.  Really looking forward to getting it all together.  Few more parts and I'll have it done

Weight is the premise, FDE is the theme, everything was tailor d around that.

here is the component break down.  

FDE James Madison 80% lower, all milled
FDE aero precision slick side upper
Taccom light weight buffer
David tubb flat wire piano spring
V7 buffer tube
All v7 titanium small parts.  
MFT minimalist stock FDE
Aim surplus Nib light weight BCG
Faxon 14.5" pencil
Slr rifle works sentry 6 titanium adjustable block
Midwest industries FDE light weight mlok 12.5" rail
Vg6 epsilon muzzle brake, comp, flash hider
FDE magpul moe grip
Fortis hammer handle
Middy gas tube
Cmc 3.5lb single stage trigger
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:15:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Without optic or magazine...just under 5lbs. Less if your lowere is a lightweight lower.
Mine with full mass BCG but a FMK 4.3oz poly lower and the V7 buffer tube, minimalist stock, same Taccom buffer but their 10% reduced power spring, a 16" Faxon pencil, Balios 12" rail weighed in at just over 5.2lbs with a Trijicon MRO on top of it. Now with a Battle Arms stock it weighs in at 4.9lbs with the MRO.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you already buy the SLR block? I recommend next intent ti gas block and for buffer tube grab yourself a PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube Mod 2.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:15:38 PM EDT
[#3]
That's is what I came up with on paper, about 4.6.  The lower is a poly, I believe it's 5.1oz all milled.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you already buy the SLR block? I recommend next intent ti gas block and for buffer tube grab yourself a PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube Mod 2.
View Quote

Yes I already ordered it, what's the price on that next intent.  I'm not gonna lie, it's wasn't fun dropping 180 bones on a block, but it is what the build necessitated.

I never knew about the tube.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 2:12:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes I already ordered it, what's the price on that next intent.  I'm not gonna lie, it's wasn't fun dropping 180 bones on a block, but it is what the build necessitated.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's like 120. But it's lighter and it's freaking tiny. Like the size of the tip of your thumb small. NI gave us a coupon code "uglyclown" because the old one expired. Think he did it because I asked.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's like 120. But it's lighter and it's freaking tiny. Like the size of the tip of your thumb small. NI gave us a coupon code "uglyclown" because the old one expired. Think he did it because I asked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DOuble Tap... See Below
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its funny you mention the NI Gas Block.  I was just looking at this and comparing it to the SLR TI Sentry 7 but could not find any first hand reviews on how well it holds up.  Also was wondering if the black coating is a DLC or Cerakote?  Also while we are talking lightweight parts anyone have any experience with the Sintercore Tripwire Ambi Charging Handle?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:08:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Its funny you mention the NI Gas Block.  I was just looking at this and comparing it to the SLR TI Sentry 7 but could not find any first hand reviews on how well it holds up.  Also was wondering if the black coating is a DLC or Cerakote?  Also while we are talking lightweight parts anyone have any experience with the Sintercore Tripwire Ambi Charging Handle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It just came out and their black ones are Ionbond as of last Thursday. They used to be cerakoted. I would wait on the Sintercore Tripwire and check out the Strike Industries Latchless Charging handle.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top