Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2016 1:43:34 PM EDT
So quick question.  I am pretty sure I know the answer but to be honest I just wanted confirmation.  Will an Aero upper fit on a PSA lower for 308?  I got a steal (or at least I think, haven't gotten it in my hands yet) on a blemished 308 lower from PSA but I like the Aero uppers.  I believe both are Armalite based so they should work.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So quick question.  I am pretty sure I know the answer but to be honest I just wanted confirmation.  Will an Aero upper fit on a PSA lower for 308?  I got a steal (or at least I think, haven't gotten it in my hands yet) on a blemished 308 lower from PSA but I like the Aero uppers.  I believe both are Armalite based so they should work.

Thanks!
View Quote

Yes, you are good to go.

ETA: OP, looks like I was incorrect. Palmetto State Armory PA10 is DPMS LOW pattern, Aero Precision M5 is DPMS HIGH pattern. They won't work properly together. Unfortunately, the 308 stuff is'nt nearly as interchangeable as a standard AR.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, you are good to go.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Yes, you are good to go.

Thanks! Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think this will work. I have a PA-10 lower and an AERO upper, and the pins are hellaciously tight, which tells me somethings not aligned, and there's a slight step between the bore of the upper and the hole the receiver extension threads into.

I don't recommend mixing companies with the big guns. It just leads to problems.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't think this will work. I have a PA-10 lower and an AERO upper, and the pins are hellaciously tight, which tells me somethings not aligned, and there's a slight step between the bore of the upper and the hole the receiver extension threads into.

I don't recommend mixing companies with the big guns. It just leads to problems.
View Quote

Hmmm.  How are the uppers from PA?  I just jumped on the lower cus well crap it was an amazing deal that I couldn't pass up lol
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:32:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hmmm.  How are the uppers from PA?  I just jumped on the lower cus well crap it was an amazing deal that I couldn't pass up lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're machined from forged 7075, so it can't get much better than that.

If my lower is good to judge from, then I'm sure their uppers are good to go.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top