Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/11/2016 7:59:22 PM EDT
I have a Colt  Pre-Ban, AR-15 H-Bar.  I would like to convert it to a suppressed carbine.  Can anyone tell me or point me to a string on this board that answers my questions?
LO
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The NFA forums under the Armory tab might be able to help out.  For the rifle itself, this Build It Yourself is probably a good bet.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you need a pre-ban rifle? if not sell it and fund your new build from the proceeds.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you need a pre-ban rifle? if not sell it and fund your new build from the proceeds.
View Quote

This +1, I don't think WA needs pre-ban ARs.

Changing a 20" HBAR to a carbine is going to take a bit of work...

Gonna need to change the barrel to a 16" which means you need an upper block and a vice and a good barrel wrench and a torque wrench that does in-lbs.  Then you're gonna need to change the A2 butts tock to a CAR or M4 butt stock meaning your gonna need a butt stock spanner.  And if you have a fixed handle upper and want a flattop with a picatinny rail then you'll need to swap out the upper...

Easier to sell the pre-ban rifle for a good price to someone in a non-free state and buy or build a new one already configured the way you want it.  At very least just buy another upper then all you have to do is swap out the butt stock for a collapsible one.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Just buy another upper.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the responce and the number of things to ponder.
LO
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top