Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/10/2016 7:57:15 PM EDT
i'm not looking for a magpul grip or bcm or anything like that.  I'm building a clone of an issued m4, but i hate that little finger bump on the a2 pistol grip.  I'm looking for one that is cosmetically exactly the same as an a2 grip just without the bump.  does anyone make one?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never seen one but I'm not in tune with the market like many of the guys here.

However I'd say the ones you may have seen pics of all started life with the hump but had it ground and sanded off. A diy project.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
No, just no.

What you are describing would be called...and A1 style grip. Many are newly made, even today.

I stand corrected. Damn those are hard to find (if you want new)!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe I have one of those in the safe. I took it off a preban PWA lower
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:04:27 AM EDT
[#4]
You could try asking over in the retro forum.  It's not likely anyone over there has used one on their builds, but those guys will scrounge high and low for the most minuscule part so maybe one of them has stumbled across such a thing in their quest for parts.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Grind/sand/file it off
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:21:09 AM EDT
[#6]
i don't know why, but i had never thought to just file it off.  duh.  problem solved, thanks fellas
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:28:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Grind/sand/file it off
View Quote

I was just going to say the same thing and maybe do a light stipple on the front and backstrap sections if the cosmetic bothers you to get an even texture/color.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 2:10:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Armalite has something very close. Would need to remove the sling swivel.

https://armalite.com/shop/ergo-pistol-grip-with-sling-swivel-black/

I usually cut and file off the bumps but it does get old.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top