Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/8/2016 1:11:05 AM EDT
I am in the process of building my First Ar 15 that I will own. My Anderson stripped lower has gone together perfectly so far. The PSA lower parts kit is great too. I have a BCM Gunfighter Stock Mod 0 on the way from Amazon. I plan on going the MK 18 route (Form 1 one it). I have one little question/problem.

I bought this Buffer Tube Kit off Amazon and it is Mil-Spec. It fits my friends Magpul stock really tight and there is almost no wobble. Anyways, It has this weird notch where the buffer detent sticks up into. When I screwed the buffer tube in to where the buffer detent was perfectly in the half notch circle, my friends upper receiver would not go in because it was hitting the buffer tube. However, when we unscrewed it one turn, the buffer detent was still being captured and his upper fit fine. Should I file it down, or just leave it alone? As long as the detend is captured by the tube, it should be fine, right?
https://s183.photobucket.com/user/BusterBunker/media/IMG_20160207_234825.jpg.html?filters[user]=46366287&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
https://s183.photobucket.com/user/BusterBunker/media/IMG_20160207_234815.jpg.html?filters[user]=46366287&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2
https://s183.photobucket.com/user/BusterBunker/media/IMG_20160207_234948.jpg.html?filters[user]=46366287&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:23:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Your pics are not showing!

Leave it alone!

As a noob, welcome & check this link for helpful info!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:27:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah pics no worky. But if you got it to close and the detent is still holding the buffer you are doing it right.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:31:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I added the Pictures to photobucket. Wasn't sure if people could see them through Google. The links work.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:38:55 AM EDT
[#4]
The third photo shows the buffer tube and the circle half notch.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:55:20 AM EDT
[#5]
As long as the detent is captured, you're good to go.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#6]
that's what the lock nut is for. the tube can be held in place any distance. as others said as long as the detent is held in place.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am in the process of building my First Ar 15 that I will own. My Anderson stripped lower has gone together perfectly so far. The PSA lower parts kit is great too. I have a BCM Gunfighter Stock Mod 0 on the way from Amazon. I plan on going the MK 18 route (Form 1 one it). I have one little question/problem.

I bought this Buffer Tube Kit off Amazon and it is Mil-Spec. It fits my friends Magpul stock really tight and there is almost no wobble. Anyways, It has this weird notch where the buffer detent sticks up into. When I screwed the buffer tube in to where the buffer detent was perfectly in the half notch circle, my friends upper receiver would not go in because it was hitting the buffer tube. However, when we unscrewed it one turn, the buffer detent was still being captured and his upper fit fine. Should I file it down, or just leave it alone? As long as the detend is captured by the tube, it should be fine, right?

View Quote

you used the wrong codes for your photos.. use the "direct" link and the {IMG} tags..

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:50:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey, thanks for changing that for me:)
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top