Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2016 1:23:00 PM EDT
Anyone used http://www.ar-15lowerreceivers.com/ for 80% receivers? I am looking at selector marked forged, but want to know if there are any quality issues or problems?

I will get unfinished as I will cerakote when I am done, or may try to find anodizing locally.

Thanks!

Ed
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone used http://www.ar-15lowerreceivers.com/ for 80% receivers? I am looking at selector marked forged, but want to know if there are any quality issues or problems?

I will get unfinished as I will cerakote when I am done, or may try to find anodizing locally.

Thanks!

Ed
View Quote

Holy hell they are expensive! Look at tactical machining.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Ed

Wow! They are insane...  many other options for less
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote

TM is OOS of pretty much everything right now.  They've got anodized ones for $45ea.

Right now the website the OP posted is the cheapest available for forged lowers IIRC.  If you buy in a 2 pack or 3 pack they've got free shipping.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Ed

Tactical machining wants $45 each so I am looking at $135 + shipping or I can get a 3 pack of these (no selector markings like TM) for $165 shipped. TM Is out of stock and will be out of stock for a bit as they are working on the shop.

If someone knows a different source, I am open to it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think they are all that expensive, I purchased two anodized lowers from Ares the other day and they were $59 and these guys want $54.95, everybody seems to be within about $5 dollars of each other.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't think they are all that expensive, I purchased two anodized lowers from Ares the other day and they were $59 and these guys want $54.95, everybody seems to be within about $5 dollars of each other.
View Quote

I looked at ARES, basically the same price $165 for 3 shipped.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:16:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Honestly OP I was going to order a 2/3 pack to see what their quality was, but I've got other things at the moment I'm spending the money on.  

More than likely, most of these lowers are all same-same.  I've found 4 companies selling the exact same billet lower (ar-15lowers is one of them).  Not sure about the forged ones, but more than likely they're all originating from one of the main foundries and these companies are running them through a CNC to "finish" mill them and using pretty much the exact same files.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top