Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2016 1:10:58 PM EDT
I've been wanting to get into 3-gun and through the past couple years read a lot of forum threads and reviews.  I sold my 14.5 bcm build with a heavy rifle length buffer system (wish I could have kept both) to go with a LW 18 in. build setup for 3-gun with light recoil/muzzle movement.  Weighs in at 7lbs 5oz with mag and optics.  Here's my completed build... What do you guys think?

18" JP SS barrel light contour 1/8 twist (barrel kit)
JP low pro adj. gas block
JP barrel matched muzzle brake
JP gas tube (provided by JP)
JP LMOS BC
JP enhanced bolt
JP silent captured spring (white spring)
BCM 15" Kmr
Axts raptor charging handle
Ace skeleton stock (rifle length buffer tube)
B.A.D. LW billet upper and lower Receiver set
B.A.D. Enhanced
B.A.D. EMMR (mag release) lg
B.A.D. Bad-ass ambi safety 45 degree short throw
B.A.D. Enhanced pins
Norgon ambi mag release
Phase 5 tactile EBR V2
Cmmg lower pins and springs
Geissele S3g
Ergo grip 2
Aero precision ultralight 1" scope mount extended
Leupold Vx-6 1-6x 24mm multigun CDS new firedot BDC

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Ohhhh Man.  Gorgeous!  Top quality stuff...   Let us know if the shooting matched your expectations.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice build for sure. The weight kinda surprises me, 7lb5oz with an empty mag and scope+mount is great. Scope+mount is what is going to jack up my build's weight.

Edit: I am VERY surprised. I just weighed my newly built AR w/o BUIS or Scope+mount yet and here is where I am at: 6lb14.5oz w/o pmag, 7lb3.5oz w/ pmag. I am looking at getting a Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32 + Larue LT104 mount (scope+mount approx 25.7oz). I am going to have a brick of a gun before even putting on a light and bipod for coyote hunting. I am using a stock that is on the heavier side (Emod), and I did intentionally add a few ounces going with a Mega billet receiver set, but still haha your setup is light! Congrats!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks a lot...it would be lighter if the silent captured spring wasn't so heavy.  But I've seen on shot show coverage that they are coming out with the lighter version very soon.  So I'll have to sell mine haha.  Your build isn't that heavy btw
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I forgot to mention a hicup I had on this build and how awesome battle arms developments CS was to resolve the issue.  After installing the Geissele s3g trigger I couldn't get the b.a.d. Safety to insert past the trigger bar.  So I removed the hammer and got it through (lowered the trigger bar by relieving the pressure).  Installed the hammer.   Went to test the trigger and the hammer wouldn't drop all the way. Wasn't enough clearance between the trigger bar and the center of the safety. Also the detent portion of the safety cam was a hair shy of where it needed to be.  It was also very tough to move the safety.   Called battle arms and they said they've been having trouble with the new safety cam design with Geissele triggers.  He found the old style and had it shipped to me in 2 days.  Works perfectly now.  This is only an issue with the new design of the 45 degree ST selector and Geissele triggers.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:48:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice rifle.  I am also building a new 3-gun rifle.  What amazes me is that our two builds couldn't be a whole lot more different, but both of them are well suited for the game.

Nice build!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Good luck bassman.  Can't wait to see it
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top