Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2016 12:24:58 AM EDT
In my search I have found what I want at wifirearmcomponents.com.

has anyone bought from them?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish I would of looked into them a little more before I ordered something from them last week.  

I just found a bad review on google on them.  Also the website says its only been around since Nov 15'.

Then I saw this:

http://www.xcrforum.com/forum/12-trading-post/19463-word-warning-wi-firearm-components-wifc-shipping-policy.html

I will keep this space updated if they haven't shipped it in a week.  But, definitely got a bad feeling.  
I just took a chance on another small time website and it worked out great, so who knows.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots of dicey dealers lurk in the fringes of the internet. 1st rule on finding a new seller, check "contacts". If all you get is a pop up email template or and email form to fill out, close the site and go elsewhere. If the contacts page has a full street address and a contact phone number, only then, I might take a chance on them, but I would probably call the number first to see if a live human answers. If they do, I'll ask them to confirm stock on what I am interested in and inquire how quick it will get shipped. Only after they pass all these hurdles will I order from a new, previously unknown vendor. But, that seldom happens.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep been a week, or at least 5 business days from the order placed. They say 3 to 10 business days so don't expect stuff to ship too quick from my experience, if they even intend to do so.  I see they changed their site a little and added inventory, which isn't a bad sign that someone might have legit intentions of running an actual business.  

Used the chat "feature" to talk to "sarah."
My Question:  Order status, please?

Their response: I can see that your order has been processed and is in fulfillment. If you would like further information you can follow this link: http://www.wifirearmcomponents.com/pages/shipping (a link to their shipping policy terms, which I've read a few times)

My Question:  So you can't tell me the specifics on the order status?

Their response: On my end all I can see is that it is in fulfillment I can however obtain more detailed information and I will email you with that information.

So, idk, kind of underwhelming service, but chat was quickly available and answered.  

Now I see two more google reviews have been added, all one stars:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ar15+forum+how+long+go+into+archive&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=wi+firearm+components&lrd=0x8805ca14023a04e1:0xcb287b80bb330edb,1,,  

Not liking my odds.....
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 3:40:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I usually don't re order from companies that take 7-10 on fulfillment. Like shoot man that's a long time. 5 days max unless on back order. If it's longer than that there needs to be a good reason. Even 5 days is long. Companies need to get their crap together these days.

For example, superlative arms emailed me telling me why my order would take two weeks to ship (back order). He explained the day after I placed the order. I didn't even ask they sent me an email.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 4:23:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm six business days into my waiting period for a shipping status e-mail.  I tried calling today, but it ultimately went to a voicemail.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Just browsing the site, I get the impression the items they are selling are items they will source direct from the manufacture once they sell the item. I see no notice of stock or otherwise.  Seeing as a lot of the items are Anderson Manufacturing, I seriously doubt they actually stock that stuff as I know Anderson is out of about everything this places is selling and their prices are just a tick higher than Anderson's own website.

I have no doubt they'd eventually ship the items, but I seriously doubt they could ever ship anything they offer in what most would consider a reasonable amount of time.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 11:15:55 PM EDT
[#8]
If it's the company I'm thinking it is. I would stay the heck away from them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep been a week, or at least 5 business days from the order placed. They say 3 to 10 business days so don't expect stuff to ship too quick from my experience, if they even intend to do so.  I see they changed their site a little and added inventory, which isn't a bad sign that someone might have legit intentions of running an actual business.  

Used the chat "feature" to talk to "sarah."
My Question:  Order status, please?

Their response: I can see that your order has been processed and is in fulfillment. If you would like further information you can follow this link: http://www.wifirearmcomponents.com/pages/shipping (a link to their shipping policy terms, which I've read a few times)

My Question:  So you can't tell me the specifics on the order status?

Their response: On my end all I can see is that it is in fulfillment I can however obtain more detailed information and I will email you with that information.

So, idk, kind of underwhelming service, but chat was quickly available and answered.  

Now I see two more google reviews have been added, all one stars:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ar15+forum+how+long+go+into+archive&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=wi+firearm+components&lrd=0x8805ca14023a04e1:0xcb287b80bb330edb,1,,  

Not liking my odds.....
View Quote

Well, still have not got the email they told me they would send last Wednesday nor any shipping confirmation at the end of my 10 business days for shipping.  And I just keep seeing more bad reviews pop up.  I will add them to my folder for my bank's investigation.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I have filed a dispute with my bank.  I advise others to do the same as well as file with the BBB, WI Attorney General Office,
Internet Crime Complaint Center, Consumer Protection Agency and Fraud.org.  People should also email or call the domain abuse department at [email protected] or +1.4165350123 to report www.WIFirearmComponents.com and get the domain taken down.

Good luck to the others who were ripped off by these frauds.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow this is a little alarming. For what it's worth guys I ordered 4 Anderson stripped uppers on the 27th of January and by the 29th I had tracking via USPS 2-day priority. They arrived in a padded mailer, with a hand written return address in WI. Not sure what's up with y'alls orders but the transaction was super smooth and quick for me.

I would venture a guess that they are oversold and probably are lacking some sort of real-time inventory. I was only able to find them by searching for "Anderson Stripped Uppers" and by searching 2 pages deep in the results. When just about every place was sold out, they had them in stock. Not sure what is up, but I had a pleasant experience. YMMV it seems.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#12]
My update is, shortly after filing a dispute with the bank I got a shipping notification for the Anderson upper.   Received it this morning.  Could of been shipped better given some nicks here and there.  Also has a nick in between the rails.  Not worth bothering with this company.  Could be storage or the manufacturer themselves but I have received uppers in better packaging before.  Needless to say, won't be ordering from them again and don't recommend these guys.  Good luck to others.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#13]
It is really hit and miss with these all these new re-sellers coming to the market.

I have had mixed experiences with some of them and steered away. Usually the couple of extra bucks saved

is not worth the headache of waiting for items that were displayed as "In Stock" but in reality were out of stock, slow ship times, poor communication, etc....

You can't go wrong with any of the site sponsors/dealer members of arfcom.

If I can't find it from one of those guys, use a site that has live inventory.

MAS Defense and JSE Surplus are two of them.

MAS Defense actually brags about their inventory system:

"All of our inventory is live data. If a part shows in stock, we have it in stock. We do not believe in "Back Ordering" parts and will NEVER sell any part that we do not have in stock....."
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top