Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/28/2016 12:33:46 AM EDT
In the past I have used PSA, YHM and Rainer barrels in the past. I'm considering getting some KAK Valule line barrels. Opinions?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:56:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I own 3 and they are fantastic for the money. As I understand, they are Green Mountain blanks. I have had no issues and shot have collectively shot well over 1000 rounds through them.
I am looking at a 4th and will continue to buy them. Not to mention it is a stand up company as I had issue with a non barrel item and they swiftly took care of me.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 11:03:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own 3 and they are fantastic for the money. As I understand, they are Green Mountain blanks. I have had no issues and shot have collectively shot well over 1000 rounds through them.
I am looking at a 4th and will continue to buy them. Not to mention it is a stand up company as I had issue with a non barrel item and they swiftly took care of me.
View Quote

Thanks for the response. I think I will pick up one and give it a try.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 1:41:46 AM EDT
[#3]
i have built three rifles for a couple buddies using the 16'' mid value line barrels and my buddies love them. the finish is very very nice and yes they are green mountain blanks. i have also used their lower parts kits and find them to be high quality too along with their gas blocks and tubes. i also use their six position stock and buffer kit and for $10.00 more ($50.00 total) you can get it with a heavy buffer and they ship it with the standard buffer still in the tube so you get both, can't beat that deal. and their nitrided BCG are very well made too. the first pic is all KAK products other than the A2 flash hider and stripped upper and lower and they shipped it all for $6.50

and this was for one of my  buddies two boys for a Christmas present, they loved them.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 3:27:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 8.5" KAK value line 300blk barrel in a pistol build. It really likes Barnes bullets.

Large 0.125" gas port might need an adjustable gas block at some point, but now the light and normal loads fed and ejected fine and was not over gassed. Only shot it once after installing the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a 14.5 middy from them.  Barrel looks good, finish was total shit however. Spots all over the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought a 16" 300. Get their gas block, because my barrel was just enough over .750 that other manufacturers wouldn't fit. Theirs fit fine.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a 300 blackout 16 in. I couldn't get it to work with anything except Rem 220 factory. I got an adjustable gas block and got it working right. It has a very large opening for the gas block causing it to be over gassed.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:20:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I picked up a Stainless 5.56 barrel from them that's quite accurate.  I've yet to try their value line.  They also just released some 9mm barrels that start at $80.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top