Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2015 11:47:32 AM EDT
I'm planning a light weight upper build. I'd like to use a stripped upper with a port door but no forward assist and no brass deflector to keep the weight down.

Anderson makes one that sells for a low price. I just have never used any Anderson parts and don't know if they are any good.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Anderson parts are good to go. I have used them and their forgings are just as good as any others on the market.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.
I love their nofa uppers!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes. Both their lowers and uppers are GTG. For some strange reason, every Anderson stripped upper I've bought from AIM did not have T-marks though. I actually prefer them without T-marks (as if it's hard to tell where things go? haha) so I consider that actually a bonus!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm planning a light weight upper build. I'd like to use a stripped upper with a port door but no forward assist and no brass deflector to keep the weight down.

Anderson makes one that sells for a low price. I just have never used any Anderson parts and don't know if they are any good.
View Quote

Yes, GTG.  I just put together an Anderson lower and upper without FA or door but it has a deflector.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I just did a LW build with an Anderson "sport" upper (No FA or port door) that I got for $39.  Assembled just fine and fits great on the $39 Anderson lower, weighed only 6.7 ozs.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I too have an Anderson "sport" upper - was built as a 22LR upper but I've been quite pleased.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#7]
They're G2G. I have two sets without issue.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I just put an Anderson lower together, stag LPK with stag 2 stage trigger.  Worked great with the three uppers I have.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes OP G2G
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top