Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2015 5:44:24 PM EDT
How do you like it. I am looking for something affordable for my low budget. The 2X isn't out of the question but I like the reticle on the 5x. I am in my mid 50s so the magnification is a plus.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#1]
i run one on my cmmg 22lr sbr..it's good for the money..at 55 my eyes are crap also but this sight has pretty darn good glass,a fairly forgiving eyebox and since i calculated the holdovers for my 22 ammo,very useable
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i run one on my cmmg 22lr sbr..it's good for the money..at 55 my eyes are crap also but this sight has pretty darn good glass,a fairly forgiving eyebox and since i calculated the holdovers for my 22 ammo,very useable
View Quote

Thanks, A .22 sbr sounds like a blast to shoot
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I have it. Haven't had much range time with it but the quality is really good. Clean glass, and the illumination is nice but not needed during the day. Won't be hitting dimes at 100 yards since its 5x.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the fixed 6x (out of production), 1-6x, and the 2.5x prism...all are great optics.

The 2.5x is great for us with "old" eyes, its almost like using a red dot, but clearer.

The 5x is a great option if you don't want to spend the extra $$$ on the ACSS 4x Acog.

Its a solid optic, well worth the price, especially with the excellent Primary Arms customer service.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#5]
PA has/had some blemished versions on the e of bay for sale. Picked one up on a whim. Have yet to find the blemish.

Hard to go wrong at that price point.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies. looks like What I am looking for.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 11:56:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
PA has/had some blemished versions on the e of bay for sale. Picked one up on a whim. Have yet to find the blemish.

Hard to go wrong at that price point.
View Quote

what's PA's user ID?  I'd be interested in a blem version if the price is right.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 12:20:50 AM EDT
[#8]
'primaryarms' all one word.

You may have to set up a notification to watch for them coming up again or other 'blems' from their product line.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 6:25:28 AM EDT
[#9]
No experience with the 5x, but purchased a 3x in 2011 i think it was and it has been flawless since. It sits on top of my Wife's rifle.

Last time we shot it, I want to say it was shooting just about 1- 1.5 MOA at 100 yards. At that time this scope cost 180.00 Definitely paid for itself in performance.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No experience with the 5x, but purchased a 3x in 2011 i think it was and it has been flawless since. It sits on top of my Wife's rifle.

Last time we shot it, I want to say it was shooting just about 1- 1.5 MOA at 100 yards. At that time this scope cost 180.00 Definitely paid for itself in performance.
View Quote

That's pretty impressive. A quick search came up with the same reticle on the 3X as the 5X. cool
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I believe there will be an updated 3x coming early next year too.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I believe there will be an updated 3x coming early next year too.
View Quote

Interesting.... Any spy photos leaked?

If They could source a 3x or 4x that looked like an Elcan, I'd be all over it  lol
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Dimitri posted a pic of one of the crew (female) shooting with the 3x prototype on their facebook page a while back. That was the only one I saw, said next year likely.

It will have a longer eye relief than the 2.5x, which will be an improvement.

The short eye relief is my only complaint on the 2.5x...I have to collapse the stock a bit, but it works.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top